• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

the acc looks pretty weak this year, lots of teams with low RPIs. Wake went to the NCAA Tourney in 2016 with a 13-17 conference record, which won't come close this year.

Pitching was never great under Hobbs with way too many walks. The current staff is his and is a reflection of his efforts. Definitely cashed in when he should have. Watching him call 3-2 breaking balls for a walk with a guy throwing 95 was very frustrating.

Would it be a Wake baseball game without a walk that comes around to score in the first inning?

The Diamond DEACS so needed to sweep the Pitt, Duke, and VT to get the easier wins. Now we have to play NC state and Clemson and wins will be much harder to come by. Make it out to the NC state games to help them. State fans always show.

The Diamond DEACS so needed to sweep the Pitt, Duke, and VT to get the easier wins. Now we have to play NC state and Clemson and wins will be much harder to come by. Make it out to the NC state games to help them. State fans always show.

Shoud be a good crowd on hand for Saturday. Both my sons play for the Diamond Deacs travel baseball program run by one of the Wake coaches and there is definitely an effort to get a lot of those kids out to the ballpark to support the Deacs against State. The fans in red will definitely show as they have a damn good ball club.

Big fan of when people think when there is “an effort” to get a lot of people from a 30 person club to a game that translates to a large crowd. LOWF.

Not really. We just couldn't afford to be 12-7 in the non-conference against mostly mediocre to bad opponents. If we were 14-5 OOC and won a game or two that we blew so far in the ACC we're looking at a 24-13 record right now instead of 21-16 which would look a helluva lot better.

Need to win tonight and take the State series to keep whatever slim hopes of getting an at large bid alive

Deacs beat Liberty 6-2. Pretty surprising that it turned out that while our starters have been complete shit, the back of our pen has actually turned out to be pretty decent.

Peluse and McSweeney both being over 2 worse in ERA from last year has killed us.

Big fan of when people think when there is “an effort” to get a lot of people from a 30 person club to a game that translates to a large crowd. LOWF.

Ok so I'm assuming this is directed at my post and if so, I'll bite and if not, please disregard. In my post I said there "should" be a good crowd on Saturday. I didn't say "large". A large crowd to me would be like the Regionals from 2 years ago against WVU. I am basing this on being a Saturday, against a ranked NC State team with what I hope to be good weather. Also there are more than just 30 kids in the Diamond Deacons travel ball organization. It goes from 9u through 14u with roughly 10 to 11 kids on each team and 2 14u teams, that's more than 30 people including family members.

There will also be kids there from a local school where said Wake coach used to head coach at. Will all these kids attend with their families? Who knows but don't think for a minute that I consider that even if all of these folks attend that it will translate to a large crowd.

Back