• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

Sig, it is highly inappropriate to question the way their lord emperor and savior Donald Trump defends a four star general.

So are any of our friends on the right going to admit any of the following?

1) General Kelly was absolutely wrong in his description of Rep. Wilson as it relates to her speech about the FBI building;
2) The White House has repeatedly lied about the fact that General Kelly was wrong, despite their being an actual video proving otherwise;
3) Rep. Wilson gave an accurate description of President Trump's words, despite the President lying on Twitter and stating otherwise;
4) Sgt. Johnson's widow was actually hurt by how the President handled the call.

Anybody? I mean, I know that pissing off people who care is more important that the facts, but we can at least agree on all these, can't we?

JH wants to know if you've learned anything from the election

JH wants to know if you've learned anything from the election

Plenty. The tribalism of most 'pubs on this board far outweighs their humanity. Thus, they would rather defend the President than admit that they elected an awful human being.

So are any of our friends on the right going to admit any of the following?

1) General Kelly was absolutely wrong in his description of Rep. Wilson as it relates to her speech about the FBI building;
2) The White House has repeatedly lied about the fact that General Kelly was wrong, despite their being an actual video proving otherwise;
3) Rep. Wilson gave an accurate description of President Trump's words, despite the President lying on Twitter and stating otherwise;
4) Sgt. Johnson's widow was actually hurt by how the President handled the call.

Anybody? I mean, I know that pissing off people who care is more important that the facts, but we can at least agree on all these, can't we?

1. The general's main point was that she was a shameless self promoter, and he was right about that. Watch the first part of the video. He was mistaken about the other aspects of her speech but then the self promotion part was the memorable part.

2. Yes and no. See no. 1.

3. Based on the available evidence, we can't conclusively tell.

4. She said she was hurt, so we have to take her word for it. She was hurt. Most likely, Trump did not handle the phone call very well but it is most unlikely that he intended to insult or hurt her.

While the whole situation is very awkward and it is pretty difficult for anyone to feel comfortable and behave gracefully - no matter what you do and what you say it just feels wrong - confronting the reality and finality of death, especially the death of someone so young, I think both the White House and the Congresswoman are playing politics here and trying to manufacture political capital out of this tragedy. I wish they would both just stop. I have nothing but sympathy for the family of the dead soldier.

1. The general's main point was that she was a shameless self promoter, and he was right about that. Watch the first part of the video. He was mistaken about the other aspects of her speech but then the self promotion part was the memorable part.

2. Yes and no. See no. 1.

3. Based on the available evidence, we can't conclusively tell.

4. She said she was hurt, so we have to take her word for it. She was hurt. Most likely, Trump did not handle the phone call very well but it is most unlikely that he intended to insult or hurt her.

While the whole situation is very awkward and it is pretty difficult for anyone to feel comfortable and behave gracefully - no matter what you do and what you say it just feels wrong - confronting the reality and finality of death, especially the death of someone so young, I think both the White House and the Congresswoman are playing politics here and trying to manufacture political capital out of this tragedy. I wish they would both just stop. I have nothing but sympathy for the family of the dead soldier.

1) He made specific statements about what she said and did. They were factually inaccurate (and had Secretary Clinton made the same statements, you would have called them lies).
2) There is no yes and no. Again, his statement was factually inaccurate. The White House, mainly through the Press Secretary, has repeatedly stated those statements were true. Those statements, with video confirmation, are lies.
3) We can conclusively tell that General Kelly told the President to say that Sgt. Johonson "knew what he signed up for." The White House has admitted the President said that. So again, Rep. Wilson was correct.
4). Ok.

If Hillary hadn't done Benghazi, we'd have nothing to compare Niger to. 100% her fault.

the biggest question is why the Democrats allowed Niger to acquire Green Beret ambushing technology

Donald Trump thought he was special for calling a widow and knowing her husband's name. He patted himself on the back an extra few times that evening. Now he can't figure out why the media keeps being so mean to him.

Truly enjoying all these people who don't like Trump lining up for Mr Bone Spurs McGee STDs Were My Vietnam I Like People Who Weren't Captured to stick it to a grieving widow

all the while criticizing NFL knee-takers. Trump has a firm psychological grip on the GOP. The desire for tax cuts over all else is strong, very strong. They can handle any storm if they come out the other side with the fucking tax cuts, and they aren't even going to pocket any more money, they'll Have their heads back with their mouths open in the hungry chick position waiting for that trickle that won't ever come. Sad

The congresswoman friend of the family says they found out about the additional remains via TV.

Hope that’s not true, or that I misunderstood.

Anyhow, seems we still know very little about what happened over there.

Back