• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

The most interesting part of the Clinton deplorables speech was the obviously approving response of her well-heeled audience. They really do think like that and then they can't figure out why they are seen as divisive and hostile to the general interest.

They certainly agree on one thing: the people who disagree with them are deplorable.

sailor, Hillary said there were two groups supporting Trump. One was deplorables like the "unite the right" crowd that has gained power and influence over the last year. One was hard working Americans who didn't think government worked for them.

Republicans read her comments and instead of denouncing the deplorables, joined them.

You can choose to say "Hillary called me a deplorable" or "Hillary called me a hard working American." Why are you choosing the former over the latter?

And do we have to bring up the statistics that show to that some of the counties with the highest food stamp usage are also counties that are firmly Republican.

MOre mythology from the party of myths, empty promises, roundabout logic, and fear-mongering. It’s boring and tedious.

The left was out messaged by a TV star populist who promised everything was going to be great with TAX CUTS, blamed all their problems on immigrants and inner-city (wink wink, nudge nudge) criminal elements, and promised health care for all with no underlying plans.

If that’s the magic message, the problem isn’t the Dem party - its the messaging. Jhmd keeps insisting that the Dems figure out that message, but that message is all wrong. That’s a big fucking problem, why in the hell would the Dem party hop on that line of discussion? It’s bad for everyone. Just because it has been successfully employed by the right for the past 30 years, and large swaths of Americans buy into it because it taps their worst fears, doesn’t make it correct for the country’s problems, and certainly not for the Dem party. Jhmd’s logic is “win or STFU because you lost.” That is the most asinine thing i have ever heard, but he is having his fun here, has a knack for parsing words (lawyer) and tripping people up. Meh is right

Last edited:
The most interesting part of the Clinton deplorables speech was the obviously approving response of her well-heeled audience. They really do think like that and then they can't figure out why they are seen as divisive and hostile to the general interest.

They certainly agree on one thing: the people who disagree with them are deplorable.

Watching the Republicans primary themselves in 2018 is going to be awesome.

MOre mythology from the party of myths, empty promises, roundabout logic, and fear-mongering. It’s boring and tedious.

The left was out messaged by a TV star populist who promised everything was going to be great with TAX CUTS, blamed all their problems on immigrants and inner-city (wink wink, nudge nudge) criminal elements, and promised health care for all with no underlying plans.

If that’s the magic message, the problem isn’t the Dem party - its the messaging. Jhmd keeps insisting that the Dems figure out that message, but that message is all wrong. That’s a big fucking problem, why in the hell would the Dem party hop on that line of discussion? It’s bad for everyone. Just because it has been successfully employed by the right for the past 30 years, and large swaths of Americans buy into it because it taps their worst fears, doesn’t make it correct for the country’s problems, and certainly not for the Dem party. Jhmd’s logic is “win or STFU because you lost.” That is the most asinine thing i have ever heard, but he is having his fun here, has a knack for parsing words (lawyer) and tripping people up. Meh is right

I'm sure you're right. There are 66 million of you who get it, and 250 million neo-nazi communist sympathizers who just don't appreciate your genius. When will they ever learn?

Watching the Republicans primary themselves in 2018 is going to be awesome.

And guess what? The voters are going to be divided between hard working Americans who feel government doesn't work for them and the deplorables fighting a culture war for confederate statues and against trans people going to the bathroom and gays who want to have jobs and people who protest police brutality.

I'm sure you're right. There are 66 million of you who get it, and 250 million neo-nazi communist sympathizers who just don't appreciate your genius. When will they ever learn?

An extremely divisive and negative message won. It’s cornerstone was kicking people out and building a wall to keep them out. That is a very bad message, bad for the country and its citizens. It is a message of fear and separation, and otherwise without substance or guts.

I am not interested in co-opting that message just for the sake of winning. You keep telling me that my party should do that or keep losing elections. You keep deflecting that Hillary said deplorables - a singular comment taken out of context verses countless campaign speeches of outright and unfettered xenophobia and fear-mongering. You aren’t fooling anyone jhmd

And do we have to bring up the statistics that show to that some of the counties with the highest food stamp usage are also counties that are firmly Republican.

I wouldn't underestimate your party's lack of appeal. They already know your policies don't work.

Lol they do work. That is why your party must resort to wedge issues about gays and birth control and fear to win. You just don’t get it.

Lol they do work. That is why your party must resort to wedge issues about gays and birth control and fear to win. You just don’t get it.

You're right about me not getting it. Dem strongholds are America's centers of crime, poverty and income inequality. I don't see the claimed effectiveness.

Your ability to shamelessly transition from one lie to the next is impressive. Ever considered a job at Fox news?

You're right about me not getting it. Dem strongholds are America's centers of crime, poverty and income inequality. I don't see the claimed effectiveness.

Lol Dem strongholds are the economic engine that you revere as practically divine, pays for the benefits and defense of the regions that contain the voters you believe to be on-point and following the right message, and exemplify the innovation and hard-work you purport to support. The crime and inequality are problems that Dems talk about and our candidates work to solve, you know, the one’s with the wrong message who should follow you and your party’s lead on.

YOu are awful at this argument

Lol Dem strongholds are the economic engine that you revere as practically divine, pays for the benefits and defense of the regions that contain the voters you believe to be on-point and following the right message, and exemplify the innovation and hard-work you purport to support. The crime and inequality are problems that Dems talk about and our candidates work to solve, you know, the one’s with the wrong message who should follow you and your party’s lead on.

YOu are awful at this argument

Been to Detroit? Active urban reforestation says you're dreaming.

Last edited:
It's no shock that the last two Dem presidents have left the country much better than they found it, and the GOP came in and fucked it up again. At least Bush waited for 5-6 years to do it. Lord Commander Trump took about 5-6 minutes.

election-2016-county-map.png

election-2016-county-map.html

I will assert that the counties shown here that Hillary won outpace the Trump counties in economic contribution and innovation by....5 times minimum.

Last edited:
That’s it? That is your rebuttal. Your decline is disheartening.

Your city is a war zone billions of dollars in the red.
You guys have run Detroit so far into the ground that the best plan is to give entire parts of it back to nature.
I have seen you guys run things. I'll pass.

election-2016-county-map.png

election-2016-county-map.html

I will assert that the counties shown here that Hillary won outpace the Trump counties in economic contribution and innovation by....5 times minimum.

Gotta love those maps that show Democrats actually live around other people and nothing else.

Your city is a war zone billions of dollars in the red.
You guys have run Detroit so far into the ground that the best plan is to give entire parts of it back to nature.
I have seen you guys run things. I'll pass.

Then run along down to Mississippi or Alabama and grab your gun and bible and rail on homosexuals while the grownups run the economy and actually produce something other than excuses.

Edit - nice job rebutting my argument by the way. Your numbers on this one are as strong as the numbers you never produce for anything else.

You should produce the numbers for single-parent households in the Trump counties compared to the Hillary counties. Go ahead, lets see it

Last edited:
Gotta love those maps that show Democrats actually live around other people and nothing else.

The county where jhmd chooses to make his living.

So Chicago and New York and LA are supposed to look to rural counties in Iowa and Alabama as examples? My goodness

Back