• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino: WFU source sez atmosphere in AD is "toxic"

wsc8521s

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/wzgv/media/mp3/Dino_Gaudio-1426105534.mp3

4:40-6:20

Bobby Rosinski ‏@BobbyRosinski 2h2 hours ago
Gaudio told us someone inside Wake used the word "toxic" to describe the atmosphere inside the Wake athletic department to him

Also Gaudio again touched on Manning's "monumental challenge of changing the culture of Wake Forest from losing, losing and more losing."

Apologies if already posted, but yeah, this deserves its own thread.

shownote-mjpopcorn.gif

Last edited:
I love that he's finally taking the gloves off.

his cone of silence must have been lifted

Kind of related: maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I've been struck by the silence from Wellman re: Manning, compared to the PR blitz that attempted to convince people for the last four years that [NR] was legit. I guess it could just be a function of there not being much outcry against Manning so far, but it comes across as sulky in comparison.

I am more of a Dino fan now than when he was Wake coach. I wonder why it took him so long to tell it like it is?

clearly a part of the severance package and the statutes ran out.

I think he waited for Buzz to be gone. If he had spoken out while Buzz was still hear it would have sounded like sour grapes.now it just appears like natural commentary.

I know I'm not supposed to ask, but how do we know that his words are true and not simply an act of retaliation?

I figure I'll use this surely hot thread with lots of views to invite everyone reading who might not ordinarily click to give the all new re-branded "official soccer" thread a try. Perhaps you were intimidated by all the different soccer threads previously and didn't know if you were an EPL guy or a UAEFE guy. Now you no longer have to be #nervous, there's one place for all your soccer needs.

Shut up, Dino! We're trying to bring back the legacy!!!

I know I'm not supposed to ask, but how do we know that his words are true and not simply an act of retaliation?

Have you followed Wake sports? It's even a bigger problem if it isn't toxic.

The revenge of the Dino. Should be good pay back for him but not so great for our recruiting.

Did Dino really need a senior level contact for this insight?

Football: Tied for last in the conference
Basketball: 12th in conference/last in conference tourney

I wouldn't read too much into this. We knew the culture needed to change 4 years ago.. (FYI - technically we boast a better athletic program than Syracuse! Football: tied for last; BBall: DQ haha)

Back