• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino: WFU source sez atmosphere in AD is "toxic"

Dino should keep his mouth shut if he ever wants to coach again. No AD will ever hire him. He should politely decline or deflect comment good or bad.

That's fine and I agree Wellman needs to go. But, remember. The enemy of your enemy can be your friend. I think Dino is attempting to pass us all a note. And that is to confirm that this administration has zero intention of fielding competitive teams.

That sounds like nonsense. The school is pouring money into new facilities and hired two coaches for the revenue that have good reputations nationally.

Wellman at this point is pretty irrelevant to the process.

Dino should keep his mouth shut if he ever wants to coach again. No AD will ever hire him. He should politely decline or deflect comment good or bad.

Dino and Seth for that matter both like their cushy ESPN studio gigs and likely neither will coach again.

That sounds like nonsense. The school is pouring money into new facilities and hired two coaches for the revenue that have good reputations nationally.

Wellman is absolutely not irrelevant to the process. He is in charge of the athletic program and this thread's topic is the claim that we have a "toxic" problem within the AD.

Wake isn't going to turn down big donor money.

The hires to rebuild the programs have been made. Facilities are being built. Time and recruiting are what is needed going forward. The AD's role right now isn't terribly important. In a few years, if that rebuilding process is not working then the AD will matter again. I expect Wellman will retire long before that becomes an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if he hung it up this spring.

That "toxic atmosphere" is only important if we start having a problem with coaching retention. Vidovich is the only coach we've lost so far that didn't need to be shown the door.

You have to actually hire good coaches for that to be a concern

The hires to rebuild the programs have been made. Facilities are being built. Time and recruiting are what is needed going forward. The AD's role right now isn't terribly important. In a few years, if that rebuilding process is not working then the AD will matter again. I expect Wellman will retire long before that becomes an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if he hung it up this spring.

This.

And Dino sucked as a coach. Firing Dino was not a bad decision, hiring Bz the worst decision Wellman ever made.

That "toxic atmosphere" is only important if we start having a problem with coaching retention. Vidovich is the only coach we've lost so far that didn't need to be shown the door.

So, bottom line. You're just going to summarily dismiss the report that a highly placed person at WFU says the athletic department is a toxic situation?

Dino kept quiet until it became apparent there was a smear job against him. You reap what you sow.

LOL at all the Dino hate. Nobody is calling him Wooden but he won a lot of games. Also LOL at all the wasting of talent talk. I'd be happy to have talent again to waste.

We are no better off now than we were the day after we lost to Kentucky in 2010.

That talent committed to Skip not Dino. I look forward to having that kind of talent again as well.

This.

And Dino sucked as a coach. Firing Dino was not a bad decision, hiring Bz the worst decision Wellman ever made.

Actually, his condescending support of [Redacted] was his worst decision. If he had said "whoa! My bad" and made a change after year 2, he wouldn't be hated. Instead he spent a year doing post game press conferences, said OH HEAVENS YES, and even defended [Redacted] during the firing press conference.

Back