• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino: WFU source sez atmosphere in AD is "toxic"

Don't let Don Flow out of your sights either. He is somewhat puppeteering all this craziness from behind the scenes.

This. Let's don't forget that Ronnie toted the water for Donnie on at least one pet project. I'm sure there have been others. Donnie's had Ronnie's back for quite some time. Hard to find a good foot soldier these days.

might this "toxicity"have something to do with the alleged sexual harassment in the volleyball program? wake investigated it and decided there were no violations, but apparently some aren't sold on that finding.

i've heard HBO is digging into it and planning a story that will air soon.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...in home visits with the young girls father...

Wellman retiring severely undercuts both Clawson and Manning, if no other place than on the recruiting trail.

Tere is absolutely no chance that getting Ron Wellman to retire would hurt any sport we have. In fact it might actually help so that our athletic folks would have somebody to help them when they go across the street. Ron Wellman has long been a puppet for the presidents office and looks for image only and while he has been doing this the longest of any athletic director in the conference he has probably done the worst job of any in total. Save for three years of Jim Grobe and luckily getting the Deacon Tower going at that time before the economy crashed, he would have nothing to show for his efforts except for bad coaching hires that did not work and getting rid of or trying to get rid of lots of successful coaches. It is time for the board of trustees to step up and make this joker retire. One would have thought that the hire of his bosom buddie Jeff [Redacted] would have done the trick? But at least now we have some great ones in place in football and basketball if he does not make it too toxic.

This guy has what it takes to be our new RJ

This or your super funny and clever soccer thread. I wonder which brilliant idea of yours gets traction first?!?! The suspense is already killing me!

This or your super funny and clever soccer thread. I wonder which brilliant idea of yours gets traction first?!?! The suspense is already killing me!

he's just exercising his first amendment rights and the funny thing about that comment is you have no idea if i'm actually right or not

he's just exercising his first amendment rights and the funny thing about that comment is you have no idea if i'm actually right or not

Pretty sure I never said the SAE pricks didn't have the right to say what they did. I know I said that no criminal charges should ever be filed against them for their abhorrent language.

Unsurprising that the old soccer guard resists the analytic movement sweeping the soccer world

Pretty sure I never said the SAE pricks didn't have the right to say what they did. I know I said that no criminal charges should ever be filed against them for their abhorrent language.

save it for clarence thomas!

Don't let Don Flow out of your sights either. He is somewhat puppeteering all this craziness from behind the scenes.

2014_Faculty_Don_Flow.jpg

jesus christ. i do not understand the dino hate. so he's not a genius basketball coach. he still won a shit ton of games. he had a few disappoints late season but it's not like the guy was not trying.

no one knows how many (if any) offers he's received to coach or how many calls his agent has fielded. no one. maybe he turned some down because he was still getting paid by wellman and casstevens. maybe no one called. maybe no "offers" came because the "feelers" were rebuffed. maybe he needed to take a break from the grind of coaching. i suspect that after losing skip and coaching under ron fucking wellman for a few years. getting back stabbed and having his name slandered and drug through the mud... maybe, just maybe, he realized it was more important to get out of coaching and be home with his family. watching your mentor/friend die out of the blue has got to be awful. following that up watching your friend's wife die... there are more important things in life than being on the road coaching and recruiting.

This. Dino seems to have embraced the assistant role but stepped up for his friend and mentor and his players. He won a bunch of games and was fired only to be replaced by an abomination of a coach. To even guess about job offers or what a probably very wealthy man wants to fill his time doing is asinine. And all this was started by him saying something that we all have known for some time. I'm hopeful about DM but we've yet to see anything in five years to suggest we are better off than when Wellman fired Dino. The whole thing is still terribly sad and unfortunate.

Does it matter that Roy wasn't hired by Bubba now that Dick "stepped down"?

Roy, Dick and Bubba. Quite a trio of names.

Depends on whether or not Bubba is cool is academic fraud.

Back