• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dipping Pen in Company Ink

Billy Mitchell

The King of Kong
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether a co-worker wants me to bone her. I'm leaning towards no (I wouldn't be interested in doing it regardless), but I figure an office boning story thread could be fun.

The facts of my case:

(1) Been working with co-worker since 2007; always got along well. We do the same job but I have more experience. I've always vouched for her with our bosses that she is doing good work, we get along well, hang out at company parties, etc.

(2) She was married when she was hired. She is now recently separated and likely will be divorced soon. This is not public knowledge at the company, but she let me know about a month after it happened what was up. She seems to be handling it well.

(3) We go to lunch around once per week. She almost always initiates the lunch appointments.

(4) At the lunches we talk on a personal (not co-worker) level. She frequently tells me stories about her horrible dates and about how she fears the difficulty in meeting someone new.

(5) Recently, on our way back to the office, she mentioned that she is just looking for someone "to hang out with and for sex".

(6) We text a few times per week outside of work, although it is friendly and not flirty.

(7) She invited me to her birthday party but did not invite my girlfriend (I fully admit that she might have just been expecting me to invite her).

(8) She recently joined my gym and said that we should hang out at the pool together this summer.

I feel like she is around 15-20% on the "let's bone" meter.

Does anyone have any good office hookup stories?

Dude, invite that girl over to your place for dinner. She's asking for some sexual loving.

The problem is though, this will change things at work. Do you want that? What's your stable relationship with her worth to you?

When I worked part time in an upscale boutique here in DC a couple of years ago, I had a female supervisor come on to me. Let's just say I went down that road and later rejected her because she turned bat shit crazy. The drama that ensued at work was insane.

Word of advice: don't do it unless you're looking to change jobs soon.

Recently separated and getting divorced?

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

If you didn't work w/ her, yes ,you're IN but since you do, bad idea jeans. Unless you want a serious relationship w/ her.

I'm not interested in messing up my gig. The only intriguing thing is that she's a red head, so you know she's crazy pussy.

I can't imagine hooking up with your work wife is a good idea.

That read like a list of red flags. Are you still in a relationship?

Recently separated and getting divorced?

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

If you didn't work w/ her, yes ,you're IN but since you do, bad idea jeans. Unless you want a serious relationship w/ her.

This x infinity.

Especially if you have a GF.

Of course, if your co-worker wants to throw down with you and your GF together, that might change the decision calculus.

Back