• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disabled Canadian denied entry, DHS cited her "private" health records as reason

So according to this lawyer, he's given advice to "many people who have had a similar problem.” You guys still want to claim it's a hoax?

Anyway, we'll probably know before long if this was all a hoax.
Ontario’s Privacy Commissioner Ann Cavoukian has launched an investigation into how information about Richardson’s mental health record came to the attention of a U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent when she went to Pearson airport.

“My office will investigate this matter vigorously to ensure that the personal health information of Ontarians is not being disclosed in a manner that contravenes Ontario’s health privacy legislation,’’ Cavoukian said Friday.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/11/29/mental_health_activist_wants_us_vicepresident_to_intervene_in_ellen_richardson_case.html

Time will tell. I personally wouldn't place the foundation of my conspiracy theory on secret government contracts, a blog's comment section, anything a lawyer says, or anything a politician says, but that's your right as an American.

BobStackFan4Life- good for you for keeping an open mind. That stance is foreign to RJKarl, who mindlessly defends leftist behaviors without an iota of self-doubt or introspection.

So according to this lawyer, he's given advice to "many people who have had a similar problem.” You guys still want to claim it's a hoax?

Yes. The Administration assured me that health care information privacy is a priority. This can't be true. Because Obama said so.

BobStackFan4Life- good for you for keeping an open mind. That stance is foreign to RJKarl, who mindlessly defends leftist behaviors without an iota of self-doubt or introspection.

You don't show up for months, but you don't change at all.

Rather making a contribution, you came back to insult me. I feel truly sad for you.

What shows even more about who you are is that ONW has posted about 90-95% of what I have and you don't say anything about him.

You don't show up for months, but you don't change at all.

Rather making a contribution, you came back to insult me. I feel truly sad for you.

What shows even more about who you are is that ONW has posted about 90-95% of what I have and you don't say anything about him.

That's because ONW isn't a whiny twat who ruins almost every thread he posts on like you do.

Reactions: ONW
My hunch is that somebody is not being completely honest. I know what DHS has access to, and in particular what the inspectors have access to. I have never seen any medical issue pop up on it, and I've used it on a regular basis for more than 10 years. Criminal stuff and previous immigration violations are the kinds of things that pop up. If she was flagged for something medical, it's because she divulged that information herself at some point in time to somebody in the course of either securing a visa or entering the country.

My hunch is that somebody is not being completely honest. I know what DHS has access to, and in particular what the inspectors have access to. I have never seen any medical issue pop up on it, and I've used it on a regular basis for more than 10 years. Criminal stuff and previous immigration violations are the kinds of things that pop up. If she was flagged for something medical, it's because she divulged that information herself at some point in time to somebody in the course of either securing a visa or entering the country.

Nah, check out post #20. It explains how DHS ends up with info related to health matters.

BOB, ELC may be a little loony, but he works for the government. If I'm not mistaken he works for immigration. He would know more than a reporter. But again, his professional knowledge would get in the way of your ongoing rant.

BOB, ELC may be a little loony, but he works for the government. If I'm not mistaken he works for immigration. He would know more than a reporter. But again, his professional knowledge would get in the way of your ongoing rant.

I don't think you know what the word "rant" means.

Interesting position given your dismissal of CHDeac's professional knowledge of health insurance.

Interesting position given your dismissal of CHDeac's professional knowledge of health insurance.

And the thing is, I'm not even dismissing elc's professional knowledge. If elc reads the post I referenced he'll see why it's unlikely he would've come across one of the people who DHS has health care info on.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect LK to understand the difference between a person who is trying to protect his business/job and another who has a basically guaranteed position.

And the thing is, I'm not even dismissing elc's professional knowledge. If elc reads the post I referenced he'll see why it's unlikely he would've come across one of the people who DHS has health care info on.

Sounds like the RCMP shares info with the FBI, but the FBI would still have to enter it into NCIC. I'm not sure why they'd bother entering a suicide attempt into the system, unless at the time there was some kind of emphasis on that. Considering the focus on terrorism for the last 12 years, that seems somewhat unlikely, particularly since NCIC is a criminal database. Maybe they figure they're potential suicide bombers or something.

i mean, A) the less canadian tourists the better and B) shouldn't we be screening entrants for diseases (mental or otherwise)?

sounds like the NSA's finally doing something about the real terrorists

Back