• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Article: Despite setbacks, [Redacted] remains optimistic

Reaction score
http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2...tbacks-[Redacted]-remains-optimis-ar-2157257/

After talking about the recruits all season, he has now backed off a little.

Full transcript will be posted on DC's blog tomorrow

The slow transition into year 3 excuse mode has begun.

It's hard to read that because it's pretty clear Wellman has guaranteed him 5 years and that there will be excuses aplenty if we don't make the post-season.

"We have young men that want to truly be here, and that is a great thing."

And their coach is either delusional or he's a liar. Could there be a third choice? Could it be that he's just the dumbest butthole ever to coach basketball in the ACC?

I remain optimistic that next season will be the last time I have to watch Jeff [Redacted] coach at Wake Forest...

It's hard to read that because it's pretty clear Wellman has guaranteed him 5 years and that there will be excuses aplenty if we don't make the post-season.

Do you honestly think Wellman is putting the past 2 seasons on Buzz's balance sheet?

I don't.

Dan Collins has such an easy job. Just move some words around and reprint the same article each month about Buzz's optimism.

Whatever happened to guitardeac saying buzz was on thin ice? I guess he was a troll.

That's the best interview I've seen Bz give. Not that I have any confidence in him to provide wins until it shows on the court. But it was a better interview.

He's at least starting to own his place in this mess, or at least own his performance next year.

Can't we find just one Fidele, Soph, or Delphi who'll be willing to hop into the Prius and pull a Petrino?

JB: No question. It has been beefed up. I can say that we’ve got Seton Hall here at home from the Big East. We’ve got Xavier at home. We’re going to have a Big Ten team assigned to us at home here. We’re in the Virgin Islands Tournament, the Paradise Jam, with UConn, New Mexico and George Mason and Iona. There’s three other teams, UIC, Quinnipiac, and Mercer. We’re at Richmond. We’ve got some local teams. We’ve got William & Mary coming in here. And of course with two additional ACC games, that in itself, we’re not going to have to apologize for our schedule at all. In fact our strength of schedule was double digits and not triple digits overall this past year. Now it’s even more challenging next year. We weren’t the worst in the ACC. So you know, it was good for challenging us. But next year, yeah, it will be (made stronger) by the teams I’ve mentioned.

We are going to have to be much better than we were last year to get to 13 wins, because the schedule is quite a bit tougher.

That's the best interview I've seen Bz give. Not that I have any confidence in him to provide wins until it shows on the court. But it was a better interview.

Yep.

I'm marginally optimistic about next season. Bz will still probably still suck at his job; but the addition of a PG who can distribute and score, and at least ONE person besides Mckie who can consistently get a rebound will do wonders. I wanted to punch a whole in the wall every time CJ came off a screen cleanly with his hand up for the ball, only to see his teammate dribble into the lane and off his foot.

If nothing else comes from this article, at least he has finally publicly stated his season goal to be the postseason and that he believes we should make the NCAAT. I don't recall him doing that before. Makes a clear judgement mark before excuses roll out.

I'd be optimistic as hell about almost anything when I saw that $80K direct deposit in my account each month and a boss that has hitched his wagon to me. It's easy to be optimistic when you're rolling in $$, living a couple hours from your beach home, and just biding your time until a lavish retirement begins.

We are going to have to be much better than we were last year to get to 13 wins, because the schedule is quite a bit tougher.

Yeah, he seems eager to get that out there...already setting up one excuse.

I like how he point out it was "double digits not triple digits" and "we weren't the worst in the ACC." YEAH!!

But what's he going to say.

This is like Communist China, the good news just keeps coming.

Back