• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Dissects Dean Dome Destruction

Travis is running out of time to get mentally tough.

Travis is running out of time to get mentally tough.

#blametheplayers

I guess our whole team, that Buzz recruited and coached for at least two years, lacks mental toughness because they're all regressing into SoCon players.

Thanks, Ron.

Buzz will become a motivational speaker.

Smiling Bob

Ever notice how many times Travis has been quoted that we have to start doing this or start doing that? We have 5 games left in the season and the core of our team are sophomores and aren't doing it yet!

Last edited:
At least Disco Dan is now officially, and without hedging, BzzzOut. When your beat writer officially draws the line, I hope it's viewed as a heavy straw on Bzzz's back.

Worst ACC loss for any team since 2008.

Whoa...time to go Buzz. Wellman massive fail.

It's only year 4. You can't expect to build a historically competitive program in such a short time. Massive and embarrassing losses are to be expected until you're into about the second or third year of your fourth recruiting class. Geesh. Some people just expect things to happen overnight.

Worst ACC loss for any team since 2008.

Whoa...time to go Buzz. Wellman massive fail.

How do you figure? This is only the third-worst ACC loss, by margin of victory, of Buzzy's tenure here (74-39 @GT 2011, 76-40 vs. NCSU 2012).

Well it can't be the worst ACC loss since 2008 because we had a worse ACC loss in 2010 to Georgia Tech and 2011 to State, but it may be the worst since then.

I think disco dan meant to say it was the worst loss from any acc game against carolina since 2008. We've had plenty of similar debacles and larger margins of defeat under Bz, the 36 point loss to nc state at home 2 years ago comes to mind.

So Carolina's biggest win since 2008.

buzz is so full of shit. who buys this garbage anymore?

“I think right now, it’s just a confidence issue, I really do,” Coach Jeff [Redacted] of Wake Forest said in explaining his team’s seven-game losing streak. “I mean, you look at a Carolina team right now. People are asking me, ‘What’s the difference?’ Well they’re a confident group right now. A few weeks ago, we were a confident group.
“And so it’s always such a fine line.”

Yeah, you don't lose 7 straight games simply because you lack confidence. You lose them because you suck. Bz sucks at coaching basketball.

Last edited:
We were confident weeks ago because we were knocking off teams making up one of the worst OOC schedules imaginable. UNC is confident because they are knocking off Pitt and Duke, and beating the patsies on their schedule like us by 33 points. Buzz blows.

That 0-7 run, the lack of confidence was part of it, okay? And our radio people told us if you take away those seven straight losses, that we won those games.

We were confident weeks ago because we were knocking off teams making up one of the worst OOC schedules imaginable. UNC is confident because they are knocking off Pitt and Duke, and beating the Wake Forest Bunnies on their schedule by 33 points. Buzz blows.

FIFY

Back