• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan on Announced Attendance Numbers

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
A recurring topic of discussion on these OGBoards:

Announced attendance: Formulaic science for sporting events

All of which raises the question of what the NCAA, or any league, conference or organization offers as a policy or guideline on how attendance should be reported. Apparently not much.

The Atlantic Coast Conference has no official position on the subject, and instead relies on what can be found on page 18 of the NCAA Statistics Policies and Guidelines. "Attendance figures for official box scores and/or NCAA reports can be calculated by turnstile account, tickets sold or estimates. NCAA championship tournament figures always are compiled by tickets sold.''

Refreshing that Carolina was completely candid about it

"Looks like a sell out"

"Yep"

Book it.

Yep, still love those 2000 fans in the East stands in back to back years for La Monroe & Presbyterian and we show over 26,000 & 27,000 as our official attendance. Our West stands weren't 2/3 full and the entire place is listed as 30,500 for capacity. That's OK, when you come out and say you are giving the students 2750 total tickets and count them in your official attendance count, that says it all.

Reff, can you go ahead and setup a web server to share your C drive with us so that we can see that picture? Thanks.

Out of curiosity...why is your username b5q1?

That is part of the State Farm email stuff. I wish I could set this type photo stuff up, but technology is not my forte, but the photo I have is from the mid-1st quarter of the La Monroe game of the East side showing about 2000 fans sitting over there. Racer, how do I set up a C drive for this? I have photos & stuff on this computer & they are jpeg. We have to send them for applications and things.

That is part of the State Farm email stuff. I wish I could set this type photo stuff up, but technology is not my forte, but the photo I have is from the mid-1st quarter of the La Monroe game of the East side showing about 2000 fans sitting over there. Racer, how do I set up a C drive for this? I have photos & stuff on this computer & they are jpeg. We have to send them for applications and things.
Honestly the easiest thing to do is use an imgur account.
After you set up an account. There will just be a button to upload photos, after the photo is uploaded it will provide you with a link that you can use to share the picture here.

Honestly the easiest thing to do is use an imgur account.
After you set up an account. There will just be a button to upload photos, after the photo is uploaded it will provide you with a link that you can use to share the picture here.

you don't even have to set up an account

just go to imgur dot com and hit upload photo

IM

thanks Racer--official attendance was listed as 26,505

Last edited:
:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laugh::laugh::laugh::bowdown:

What was Daniel Morbitzer's response to your email?

Have no idea what you are talking about but I got these numbers off the official Wake Forest website and Daniel hasn't worked at Wake in 2 years.

Back