• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Takes On Wake Fans

I would like to apply this idea to other things. I'm going to start a weekly blog about the Rwandan Genocide, and just post fluff pieces every week about how disappointed the generals and politicians are, but how they're really trying hard. Or a blog about how successful Nickelback is, how well their sound checks are going, and how the new album is coming along.

I wasn't talking about these comments to VT and the other guy. I was talking about what he regularly does in his columns.

If you're talking about what he regularly writes, then you have an awfully low bar to call something "belittling."

The Journal no longer has a sports columnist. He retired in December. Dan's job is to COVER what is going on with WFU men's basketball and football, and maybe a baseball article or two. He does that, reports on the good, the bad and the ugly. His job isn't to give his personal opinion on any of those things. The only guy left in this area with that job is Ed Hardin over at the News and Record.

I understand the frustration of fans regarding our local media, I'm in the local media and I'm frustrated that we don't have the resources that we once had. The local sports page takes 5 minutes to read, the local tv sports departments average 2 employees and get 2 minutes in the show. Its no way to cover LOCAL sports. We do the best that we can, and we know that its not good enough for the dedicated sports fan.

There really is no reason to bait DC over his blog, that actually gives you more information about WF sports. Go after the people who can make the changes you want.

I'm about as anti-Wellman and anti-Buzz as you can be. But...

Dan is a good guy (as well as one of if not the only reporter who closely covers the mess formerly known as WFU sports), and should not be ganged up on over semantics and whatnot. I haven't talked in detail with Dan about this, but it seems pretty clear to me from his articles that he thinks things are about as screwed up as possible. He just has to go about it a different way, because it's his job. He doesn't get to post whatever pops into his head, anonymously.

We have a lot of problems. Dan is not one of them.

Ph is actually right about how Dan shouldn't belittle Wake fans with his constant harping about the peanut gallery or whatever.

Still doesn't mean the BuzzOut Mafia should fuck with him just to fuck with him.

I would like to apply this idea to other things. I'm going to start a weekly blog about the Rwandan Genocide, and just post fluff pieces every week about how disappointed the generals and politicians are, but how they're really trying hard. Or a blog about how successful Nickelback is, how well their sound checks are going, and how the new album is coming along.

I mean, he has labled game after game debacles. He has pointed out Bz's snippiness multiple times, and posted the pressers. He has called on them to stop making excuses and win winnable games. The language he uses is just toned down compared to what we see scrolling through the board every day.

Last edited:
If Dan Collins isn't doing an opinion blog, he should have named it "Some Additional Information About Wake Forest".

If Dan Collins isn't doing an opinion blog, he should have named it "Some Additional Information About Wake Forest".

Yeah, screw that guy for coming up with a blog name that rhymes!

"Tidbits That Won't Fit" would have been perfect. It rhymes and doesn't give off the impression that he is giving his real opinion.

I mean, he has labeled game after game debacles. He has pointed out Bz's snippiness multiple times, and posted the pressers. He has called on them to stop making excuses and win winnable games. The language he uses is just toned down compared to what we see scrolling through the board every day.

I don't care if he curses in his blog, and I actually am glad he doesn't. That's not the point and you know it. He's been needlessly (as far as I know) toothless in this whole debacle, and it annoys me. He's either being held back, or he's holding himself back, and both of those options piss me off. I want our local sports columnist to show some passion towards our school, instead of posting random hangdog crap every week.

Sounds like you just have an issue with his opinion on his opinion blog.

Sorry you're easily annoyed.

Sounds like you just have an issue with his opinion on his opinion blog.

Sorry you're easily annoyed.

Maybe my tone is too strong. I don't know whats normal at other boards you frequent, but a thread topic doesn't have to be life and death important for me post on it. I'm bored at work and this is what I feel like talking about. I do think Dan's blog is annoying but I only think about it when i'm posting about it.

Why anyone is directing his/her anger and frustration with Wellman and Bezz-delik at Dan Collins is beyond comprehension.

Reactions: Ayo
Maybe my tone is too strong. I don't know whats normal at other boards you frequent, but a thread topic doesn't have to be life and death important for me post on it. I'm bored at work and this is what I feel like talking about. I do think Dan's blog is annoying but I only think about it when i'm posting about it.

You are the one who used "annoyed" and "pissed off." BDZ was just using the language you described your feelings with.

You are the one who used "annoyed" and "pissed off." BDZ was just using the language you described your feelings with.

...and the first sentence of my response is "maybe my tone is too strong"

Back