• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks Miami Debacle

"Furthermore, today's latest debacle was a team effort -- or, more to the point, a team lack-of-effort. Devin Thomas, the other sophomore who I've described as a potential All-ACC player before his time at Wake is done, had all of five points and three rebounds in 26 minutes while the Deacons once again got hammered on the backboards, 38 rebounds to 19.
But there was no way Wake was going to beat Miami today with Miller-McIntyre playing the way he played. There was no way Wake was going to beat Miami today with Miller-McIntyre playing the way he has played down the stretch of another lost season.

[...]

That was another soft effort from one of the softest teams I've ever seen play for Wake, which makes it harder and harder to expect anything to be different come the ACC Tournament."

link

"Furthermore, today's latest debacle was a team effort -- or, more to the point, a team lack-of-effort. Devin Thomas, the other sophomore who I've described as a potential All-ACC player before his time at Wake is done, had all of five points and three rebounds in 26 minutes while the Deacons once again got hammered on the backboards, 38 rebounds to 19.
But there was no way Wake was going to beat Miami today with Miller-McIntyre playing the way he played. There was no way Wake was going to beat Miami today with Miller-McIntyre playing the way he has played down the stretch of another lost season.

[...]

That was another soft effort from one of the softest teams I've ever seen play for Wake, which makes it harder and harder to expect anything to be different come the ACC Tournament."

link

Appropriate headline in the "View Today's E-Edition" column to the right of the article.

"That was another soft effort from one of the softest teams I've ever seen play for Wake, which makes it harder and harder to expect anything to be different come the ACC Tournament."

If I could give pos rep to Country, I would for saying this. Nothing worse in sports than being called SOFT. BZZ=Softest, weakest coach in the history of the game.

In a recent OGB Q&A, Codi said he'd like to be remembered as one of the greatest players ever at Wake. Ha, Codi's a really solid player and would be more effective with more talent around him, but he needs to just stop with those kinds of statements.

[ That was another soft effort from one of the softest teams I've ever seen play for Wake, which makes it harder and harder to expect anything to be different come the ACC Tournament.]

Have to pile on this one. This team is so weak, both mentally and physically. And Bz allows and leads this.

Look at Codi's shooting stats in ACC games. He is one of the WORST shooters to ever play significant minutes for WFU. He can't stay in front of his man on defense. He isn't particularly quick. I'm not sure what he does well other than not turn it over a lot.

After all the recent quotes from the players about Bzz not being able to make shots or defend or rebound for them, it occurs to me that maybe we need to find a coach who can recruit players who can.

In a recent OGB Q&A, Codi said he'd like to be remembered as one of the greatest players ever at Wake. Ha, Codi's a really solid player and would be more effective with more talent around him, but he needs to just stop with those kinds of statements.

Small potatoes. Devin's Q and A consisted of him bad-mouthing the '96 Bulls and saying he could out-rebound Rodman if he felt like it.

Was on the road today and missed the usual outcome...After reading the reviews, did not miss much. Mercifully a few more days and the season will be history. Only hope that when/if Bz leaves the double doors will open and the cause of this debacle in the first place will depart...Wellman! Four years and counting Ron...PLEASE LEAVE!!!

Small potatoes. Devin's Q and A consisted of him bad-mouthing the '96 Bulls and saying he could out-rebound Rodman if he felt like it.

Devin is so full of it that I don't know is this is a joke.

It's really very simple; a terrible coach and no ACC caliber players. I wonder if we can ever recover from this past four years.

It's really very simple; a terrible coach and no ACC caliber players. I wonder if we can ever recover from this past four years.

Yes, no team has ever recovered from four years of being terrible.

Overdramatic much?

i would go easy on the players - it seems pretty clear there are a few players on the team that are trying to make sure we have a new coach next year.

I think buzz would be ok if he had great talent

Buzz fails because he can't recruit

Buzz sucks diggler dong

i would go easy on the players - it seems pretty clear there are a few players on the team that are trying to make sure we have a new coach next year.

That's an interesting consideration.

Back