• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks Miami Debacle

Codi Miller-McIntyre ‏@CMM_OnTheRise · 12m
It'll happen sooner or later

10:24 PM - 8 Mar 2014 · Details · 

It will happen sooner or later. If it doesn't than every donor the school has ever had will run away. The program can't afford a dearth of funding, and I can promise you that Wellman is staring that in the face right now.

Codi Miller-McIntyre ‏@CMM_OnTheRise · 12m
It'll happen sooner or later

10:24 PM - 8 Mar 2014 · Details · 

Yes, no team has ever recovered from four years of being terrible.

Overdramatic much?

Yeah, I think if Baylor can recover from a head coach covering for recruiting malfeasance by slandering a player murdered by a teammate, we can recover from mere abject suckitude for four years.

Yeah, I think if Baylor can recover from a head coach covering for recruiting malfeasance by slandering a player murdered by a teammate, we can recover from mere abject suckitude for four years.

At least the slandering murder covering up Baylor coach recruited talented players. If bzzz is gone he leaves wake with a bare cupboard.

It truly is a hopeless situation.

To whom does Wellman report? Is that person animate, and do they have balls?

If bzzz is gone he leaves wake with a bare cupboard.

It truly is a hopeless situation.
A bare cupboard without Buz is a helluva lot better than having him here, bare cupboard or not. I'm still not convinced that he can coach or recruit. And on top of that he has a mental disorder that makes him unlikeable and a poor representative of Wake Forest. The only way the situation is hopeless is if he comes back for another year.

Small potatoes. Devin's Q and A consisted of him bad-mouthing the '96 Bulls and saying he could out-rebound Rodman if he felt like it.

When might he "feel" like it? He is all blah blah blah. Saturday he and Cavanaugh set big guys back light years on rebounding and effort and show you what the heart of Rodman & Barkley actually was. It is not about size in rebounding. It is about "want to"

Yes, no team has ever recovered from four years of being terrible.

Overdramatic much?

Sorry I rankled you with my post, don't understand the sarcasm. If you read my post I said I wonder, as if question. Your opinion as an answer would have been more appropriate.

New coach or hitting a 3?

brian-collins-boom-goes-the-dynamitejpg.jpg

Sorry I rankled you with my post, don't understand the sarcasm. If you read my post I said I wonder, as if question. Your opinion as an answer would have been more appropriate.

I mean, what's there to explain? To say we may never recover is overdramatic. Give a good coach/recruiter three years and we're back in the conversation.
Four years ago, Bennett's first year, UVA went 15-16, 5-11. Now they're champs. So many other examples. College basketball is tremendously cyclical.
We will be back. Though I grant you, how soon depends immensely on this hire.

I wish the players, as a group, would gather their man parts and ask for a meeting with RW, during which they tell him they can't stand playing for bzz and that half of them will transfer if he's back.

I was pretty confident about bzz being done til the Duke win. That's the kind of thing RW would tout as the reason to extend his contract.

I wish the players, as a group, would gather their man parts and ask for a meeting with RW, during which they tell him they can't stand playing for bzz and that half of them will transfer if he's back.

But seriously, [Redacted] is gone. Stop worrying.

[Redacted] is gone. Multiple people with knowledge have posted as such. Also, someone in the athletic department confirmed that he did tell the team that he is gone sometime around the Duke game, unlike the reports in the newspapers that he did not.

A bare cupboard without Buz is a helluva lot better than having him here, bare cupboard or not. I'm still not convinced that he can coach or recruit. And on top of that he has a mental disorder that makes him unlikeable and a poor representative of Wake Forest. The only way the situation is hopeless is if he comes back for another year.

100% agree!

Would you please stop all this Old Mother Hubbard bare cupboard code speak? You all sound like total Buttheads! If you think the players suck, just say so.

Back