• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Don't forget that back when RichRod/DickRod bolted from WVU that doofus assistant coach was left to coach the bowl game. Which they won in a blowout against a very good team (can't remember offhand). Coaching changes don't always disorder a team's efforts. Might cause a "circle the wagons" effect.

Yeah but that was also the WVU team that was just upset by Pitt in Morgantown when they would have been in the national title game if they hadn't blown it - then RichRod bailed before the bowl game. I'd say very different circumstances to aTm.

Cade Carney tweeted he will be fully recovered and ready to play for the bowl game so that helps

A little. We aren't beating A&M with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. He'll help on 1-2 short yardage efforts, but I expect a 45-38 game. Colburn is the better back, and Byrd provides a different look with the speed.

A little. We aren't beating A&M with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. He'll help on 1-2 short yardage efforts, but I expect a 45-38 game. Colburn is the better back, and Byrd provides a different look with the speed.

What, I figured we'd go wishbone with Cade at full back and Colburn and Byrd at halfbacks? John could run the ole' bone couldn't he?

I won't be upset about having #36 in the backfield when we are looking at 3rd and short. I think Cade just hasn't really been healthy much of the whole season.

Hoping John posts a 400 yard effort in his last game. I'm really excited and a bit nervous. This team has a lot of talent, could really be tough if they put it together. Jimbo has a great record in bowl games if he's assisting in some capacity. He was 4-2 in NY6 bowls, and another win in Champs Sports. The two losses he had were bad (Oregon in the playoff, Houston in Peach by 14)

I won't be upset about having #36 in the backfield when we are looking at 3rd and short. I think Cade just hasn't really been healthy much of the whole season.

Yeah, remember he was having a very good game against Tech prior to getting hurt again.

No doubt he'll help. the 2 times we have a short yardage play. That's why I said a little. But Colburn should get bulk of the carries.

Bates at 100% will be a much bigger impact.

Christian Kirk will be a problem for us. We are going to need to load up the photon torpedoes and score some points. Will not be a 6-3 thriller. We need the aggressive OC part of the two headed monster we have seen.*

* This does not mean reckless, bombs away- just not the two up the middle and throw on third and long from the beginning of the year. A&M is going to put up points. Have to trust Wolford- he has to play better than Duke game.

Christian Kirk will be a problem for us. We are going to need to load up the photon torpedoes and score some points. Will not be a 6-3 thriller. We need the aggressive OC part of the two headed monster we have seen.*

* This does not mean reckless, bombs away- just not the two up the middle and throw on third and long from the beginning of the year. A&M is going to put up points. Have to trust Wolford- he has to play better than Duke game.

I think what helped us against Lou and Cuse was the fact we ran the ball well. Obviously this helps the passing game. We had 16 QB runs against Duke (WTF?) You hope you have a good day running the ball, which might be tough against a very big front 4 for them. Some imagination in the run game getting guys outside the tackles, and mixing in first down passes will be key to get run game going I think.

One dimensional and predictable will not work either way. We can beat these guys. I like playing a name brand team. I hope the team is fired up. Can't imagine they won't be after Dook.

I should know this, but there is no chance Dortch is cleared to play, right?

Any word on whether Dortch will be healthy and able to play?

Back