• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Thanks for the updates. With all the talk about getting players healed up for the bowl, I hadn't heard whether Dortch was included in that group.

I'm in agreement with not risking it with him. Next threebyears are more important than the bowl game.

We have more than enough depth there. Can't wait for him to be healthy, but With Hines, Washington, Bauchman and Chuck,zero reason to press. His injury might be ok by Dec 29, but he may not be in shape, and you risk other injuries by pushing him too fast.

Yeah, it's not worth the risk. Even if he is close to 100 percent, if he would go down even if unrelated, Clawson would get roasted for playing him. We've shown we can be really good on offense without him, just need to execute. That said, I think the sky is the limit Dortch, he brings us so much not only at slot, but at the return game too. I just hope the kid says healthy these next 3 years.

Hoping John posts a 400 yard effort in his last game. I'm really excited and a bit nervous. This team has a lot of talent, could really be tough if they put it together. Jimbo has a great record in bowl games if he's assisting in some capacity. He was 4-2 in NY6 bowls, and another win in Champs Sports. The two losses he had were bad (Oregon in the playoff, Houston in Peach by 14)

I hope he does too. Hope he scores multiple times passing and running.

We can call him 'Johnny Football'

crazy_20matt-0.png

A&M has been scheduled for deletion on the 29th.

Yeah who’s making the “Johnny Football without the drinking problem” sign with a picture of The Wolf?

Perhaps "Sober Johnny Football" would be more concise.

Jekyll and Hyde is absolutely right. Man this season if we beat FSU and Duke. Both very winnable given how we played other games.

Surprised they have us ahead of Duke, considering we lost on our home field to them.

How hard do you think the guys at si.com really studied us or Duke? Aren't we top 30 in the power ranking or whatever, yet we're 55 on their list???

Jekyll and Hyde is absolutely right. Man this season if we beat FSU and Duke. Both very winnable given how we played other games.

And up 13 on Ga Tech at half. We weren't far away from, 10-2. Clemson and Notre Dame the only two games we really weren't that close to winning. I wonder if we play in Champs over Va Tech at 10-2 with them at 9-3. I assume Champs would still take a 9-3 Va Tech team over 10-2 wake, and we'd still end up in Charlotte as the best tier 1 bowl for our program.

We got lucky against State and App though.

Still agree we're better than our record, mainly due to the schedule we've played and getting some teams at inopportune times (FSU and Duke jump to mind)

We got lucky against State and App though.

Still agree we're better than our record, mainly due to the schedule we've played and getting some teams at inopportune times (FSU and Duke jump to mind)

I agree getting Duke the week after they blew out Tech and needing that 6th win to go bowling was inopportune (no excuse though), but we got FSU when they were ripe for the taking and we blew it, plain and simple.

Meh. They didn't wanna start 0-3 facing down the barrel of Miami the next week. Woulda been better if they had played the ULM game beforehand so they'd at least have a win on the board

Back