• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disjointed Prognostications for the GOP

The Republican Party has to drop pro life from its platform or it's destined to die.

I think they could do other things and keep the pro life stance. But I'd also like to try and leave the crazy bible beaters behind. I mean, who are they gonna vote for anyways?

I think they could do other things and keep the pro life stance. But I'd also like to try and leave the crazy bible beaters behind. I mean, who are they gonna vote for anyways?

If the GOP became pro-choice, a third party would take the south.

The answer to abortion from the Republican party is to just acknowledge that while Roe v Wade is a fundamentally flawed Supreme Court ruling AND that they of course favor the right to life, they are not going to push the outlaw of abortion/overturning Roe v Wade on a national level. If states want to take up the issue to produce a constitutional amendment banning abortion then so be it, but it will no longer be a pillar of the national Republican Party.

My first two steps would be to adopt Bush's original immigration plan and moderate heavily on homosexuality.

I think that alone would be enough to be competitive in '16.

Defs in on this thread. I still can't believe how quickly the Repubs have pissed away the Latino vote. It's an entire demographic that generally buys into their social platform, and the party basically gives them a big middle finger.

Oh you want to be a citizen? No way don't take our jerbs.

Dude, why quote your mom if she can't defend herself? I'm sure the quality of education in the south is poor due to republicans and has nothing at all to do with the over representation and underperformance of blacks and Hispanics, as well as having less money. No doubt it was just grand up until the 90s when pubs gained a permanent foothold in the south. Education in poor urban areas up north sucks balls too.

Are you questioning Mother?
psycho-norman-bates.jpg

My first two steps would be to adopt Bush's original immigration plan and moderate heavily on homosexuality.

I think that alone would be enough to be competitive in '16.

You are right. Abortion is not on the table. That issue for the evangelicals is probably the strongest single issue motivating voters today.

I'd love to see this too, just like id love to see the Dems leave some of the union rabble behind.

Defs in on this thread. I still can't believe how quickly the Repubs have pissed away the Latino vote. It's an entire demographic that generally buys into their social platform, and the party basically gives them a big middle finger.

Its such an easy solution too.

Not a big fan of bush, but you can moderate heavily on me anytime, Go.

Gaybone you promised me a Wake national championship!!!

(mens soccer doesn't count!)

This is part of the problem with Republicans. For some reason, they don't understand that in order to get more people to vote for you, you should listen to the people who aren't voting for you.

Interestingly though, the evangelical link would attract more Blacks and Hispanics than the sole reliance on tax cuts for the rich and hating the poor.

I was mainly looking at the no abortions with no exceptions and no gay marriage evangelical platform that seems to alienate women and younger voters.

There's a group of people who are very religious, work hard, emphasize family values, and Republicans would rather appeal to fears instead of embracing that group. And the true is that Cubans aren't going to be Republican stalwarts in FL anymore another generation removed from the revolution.

Fiscal conservatism is not dead. But socially we are becoming more tolerant, and running on a platform that doesn't inc,due the respect for woman's and gay rights isn't going to win outside of the south and middle America anymore.

Had the GOP run without talking about how rape is a gift from god, abortion should be outlawed, contraception should be banned, obama responded too fast to sandy, and we should self deport immigrants, I think you'd see a different outcome. The republicans allowed the democrats to make this election about that and not the economy and they won.

I was mainly looking at the no abortions with no exceptions and no gay marriage evangelical platform that seems to alienate women and younger voters.

Yeah. They could attract blacks and Hispanics with that and they didn't.

Obama is still extremely popular as a guy, seen as a caring man and a cool guy by many people. Tough to beat a man who has a 50% approval rating on election day.

Now, is that because of his personality or because a lot of people are dependent on gov't? Combo of both IMO.

There's a group of people who are very religious, work hard, emphasize family values, and Republicans would rather appeal to fears instead of embracing that group. And the true is that Cubans aren't going to be Republican stalwarts in FL anymore another generation removed from the revolution.

Right. Does anyone sane in the GOP believe writing off the Hispanic vote is a winning strategy? Especially when it's projected continue to grow? America isn't getting any whiter.

Yep those seniors who paid into Social Security, the FBI, the military are sure "dependent on government."

Come on the election is over, stop the race baiting "dependent on government" BS.

Seems to be that railing against the demographics that don't vote for you when you lose an election is not the best start to gaining some of those votes.

Railing? Telling the truth is railing now?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Back