• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

3 of the last 4 new coaster rides have been ridiculously short.
Tron, Slinky Dog, and Seven Dwarfs, right?

Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs are supposed to be family coasters a tier below Big Thunder Mountain. It's disappointing that they're short, but I get it. I've heard Tron is less than a minute on the actual ride. That's very disappointing.

Is Seven Dwarfs even a roller coaster or a family ride ?

Guardians is a coaster and not really short.

How is that going to work for trans people if HB1521 passes and it's illegal for them to use the bathroom in Florida? Is Disney exempt from shitty bathroom laws?

what's Florida gonna do? send in jackbooted thugs to guard the bathrooms on private property?

what's Florida gonna do? send in jackbooted thugs to guard the bathrooms on private property?
Absolutely nothing would surprise me. I just wasn't sure about police jurisdiction at Disney World. You still have to account for the fact that trans people need to actually travel to Disney world, navigate airport or gas station bathrooms etc.

The truth of the matter is that Florida is becoming increasingly dangerous for a subset of people trying to live their lives. I appreciate Disney trying here, but unless they can throw their weight around on the state level (e.g. threaten to leave) to make a real difference, this feels like more of an empty gesture. Presumably also Florida is going to benefit from tax revenue from people they openly hate and want to genocide visiting their state too.

I assume Orange County (and state police) has jurisdiction since you see OCSO deputies at the entrance and they're in Orange and Osceola Counties.

NAL, but I imagine unless they're called, LEOs would need suspiscion a crime is being committed to enter.

Absolutely nothing would surprise me. I just wasn't sure about police jurisdiction at Disney World. You still have to account for the fact that trans people need to actually travel to Disney world, navigate airport or gas station bathrooms etc.

The truth of the matter is that Florida is becoming increasingly dangerous for a subset of people trying to live their lives. I appreciate Disney trying here, but unless they can throw their weight around on the state level (e.g. threaten to leave) to make a real difference, this feels like more of an empty gesture. Presumably also Florida is going to benefit from tax revenue from people they openly hate and want to genocide visiting their state too.

i would fucking love it if they left FL. Sure there is no logistical way to make that happen but i can dream

They won’t leave but they could slow new additions to the parks or hotels or whatever.

The big carrot right now could be the Lake Nona campus.

Announced in July 2021, the new campus will be used by employees in Disney’s Parks, Experiences and Products division. Disney said about 2,000 positions would be relocated from the current headquarters in California to the new campus in Florida. A majority of the jobs are with Walt Disney Imagineering.

The move was expected to be completed in 2022, but last June Disney said the timeline had been delayed to 2026 to “align” with the completion of the campus.

After Disney’s public scuffle with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over the state’s Parental Rights in Education legislation last year, some questioned whether Disney should move forward with the new campus.

When the plan was first announced, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro said the move to the new campus was based on Florida’s “business-friendly climate.”

I think a lot of CA Disney people were already saying they didn't want to move to Fl. (And I get that-- recruiters call and say the job is CA and I'm nope all the way). .

I actually could see a situation where Fl somehow made the park close or reduce hours capacity, to "punish" Disney. Or passed a law that applied to all the theme parks and zoo's to make sure they were "family friendly".

Somedays, I'd welcome them jailing smokers and vapors who walk in the crowds.

and both annual passes are back and they are adding more star tours options to include the newer shows like Mandalorian. I really like star tours. I wish they had a green and an orange option like Mission space, I'm sure they could get the coaster feeling really well on an "orange" ride.

We did Star Tours at Disneyland and got one from the original trilogy and it was awesome. The one at Hollywood Studios has just been sequels since The Force Awakens came out. Im excited for some new ones but I’d prefer they completely randomize it.

Back