• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I did the Guardians after hours event last week and it was great. They blocked off part of Epcot and I ended up with GOG 6 times and test track 5 times. Food was eh... But just in terms of getting a ride fix, very nice. I think they are doing another Guardians event right after Memorial day too.

Looking at meal reservations for June now. Understanding that I'm a poor and I have a 5 and 8 yo, are there any can't miss meals in the parks or should I just do the quick pick up? We ate at Crystal Palace and Coral Reef last time and I wasn't really wowed by either.

I've gotten explosive diarrhea the two times I've eaten at the Skipper's Canteen in MK, so I'd say not that. We tend to do nicer meals at the resorts more than the parks.

Looking at meal reservations for June now. Understanding that I'm a poor and I have a 5 and 8 yo, are there any can't miss meals in the parks or should I just do the quick pick up? We ate at Crystal Palace and Coral Reef last time and I wasn't really wowed by either.

The only can’t miss sit down meal in the parks for me is Tusker House if your kids have a somewhat adventurous palate.

You vacation a lot for a "poor" person.

I've gotten explosive diarrhea the two times I've eaten at the Skipper's Canteen in MK, so I'd say not that. We tend to do nicer meals at the resorts more than the parks.
Yeah, my issue with that is my kids are only gonna leave the parks to go to the pool or to go to bed so the resort meals are basically a no go.

We like the following:

-The Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios
-Le Cellier, Via Napoli, and Biergarten at Epcot Center
-Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom is fun, but I feel like the food has gotten worse since it opened. The Magic Kingdom has the weakest dining lineup of the four WDW parks.
-Tusker House in Animal Kingdom is pretty good for a buffet. Definitely more interesting options and better atmosphere than Crystal Palace.

Most of those are pricey, but not necessarily any worse than Coral Reef.

Bonus recommendation: Mythos at Islands of Adventure.

Was down there in late March with the family. While I didn't think my meal was all that great, Space 220 at Epcot was pretty unique. The kids (6 and 8) enjoyed the elevator ride into the space station. I think it's a relatively new restaurant. They also have a lounge which may or may not require reservations.

Now that I live in Florida and have my car, I’ve been dining at resorts a lot more. I’ve done Citricos at the Grand Floridian and Toledo at Coronado Springs (which just picked up a Michelin star) and they were probably the two best meals I’ve had on property.

So, when is the House of Mouse moving its theme park operations to NC thanks to the FL gov's antics?!

Back in the 90s, Disney planned to build a new park in Northern Virginia, but they pulled out due to the national and local backlash.

If it's you and kids, unless you want character meals, just do quick pickup.. But if you want character - Tusker house breakfast is good. Otherwise, columbia house (second floor people never go up there), reagle eagle in Epcot (BBQ is decent for fl), via napoli (ok that's sit down but pizza), also mama melrose in HS.. Disney Springs has a new(er) quick pizza place pizza point. (I want Pizza btw).

Yes, but economically which leads to more vacations!!!

I'm staying at PopCentury. That should tell you my socioeconomic class.
I hate the pops.. Esp if it's cheer or band or sports week.

Have you tried renting DVC points or staying good neighbor on Hotel Blvd? The hilton on hotel Bvld used to have approved character dining (it was random not main characters, so no Mickey or Donald). What used to be the Nicklodean (sp) hotel has a water park and gator land would come twice a week to show gators and snakes. (nothing to write home about in terms of food for the adults, but good to get the kids out of a park)

Back