• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I really enjoyed Perjurer talking about his process. Seems like a good dude. I'm happy for him that he stays anonymous given how much of a celebrity he is in the theme park space. There are a bunch of Defunctland episodes I need to watch.

I also recommend Poseidon Entertainment. He does shorter videos in the same vein as Defunctland.

We'll see how this plays out.

Disney is planning to super-size its theme park and cruise line businesses.

The Walt Disney Co. disclosed plans to boost capital spending in the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products business segment to nearly double in a 10-year period, as compared with the previous decade, to approximately $60 billion in aggregate.

Disney cruise for Christmas. Have to admit I’m pleasantly surprised. Plenty of adults only sections and enough Disney touches thst everyone is happy.

Disney cruise for Christmas. Have to admit I’m pleasantly surprised. Plenty of adults only sections and enough Disney touches thst everyone is happy.
In cabin mouse ears for... shenanigans?

It wasn’t that bad to be honest compared to some of the Xmas trips she has planned in the past

disney gets too much hate from cynics

in general their stuff is clean, organized, works and is customer-forward when it comes to issue resolution.

the tradeoff is that it's...too clean. and stupid expensive

we're gonna do our first Disney trip with our son (4) this year. my mom's Christmas gift to us was to cover the hotels and meals. my sister will hopefully go which means she can get us military priced tickets which is great. and I was doing some preliminary searching and I should have enough Southwest points to cover our flights. looking forward to it. my mom and sister are passholders so total pros when it comes to scheduling and getting to all the rides you wanna do, but since it's our son's first time and I'm honestly not sure how he'll react to it all we're prob gonna ease things in. he will probably enjoy most things like the monorail, ferries, walking around, etc. the rides I'm not sure about since he sometimes likes fair rides, sometimes not.

we're gonna do our first Disney trip with our son (4) this year. my mom's Christmas gift to us was to cover the hotels and meals. my sister will hopefully go which means she can get us military priced tickets which is great. and I was doing some preliminary searching and I should have enough Southwest points to cover our flights. looking forward to it. my mom and sister are passholders so total pros when it comes to scheduling and getting to all the rides you wanna do, but since it's our son's first time and I'm honestly not sure how he'll react to it all we're prob gonna ease things in. he will probably enjoy most things like the monorail, ferries, walking around, etc. the rides I'm not sure about since he sometimes likes fair rides, sometimes not.
Honestly he can ride like 95 percent of the rides and will love all of them. We stuck my youngest on pretty much everything when she was 3 and she dug it.

Honestly he can ride like 95 percent of the rides and will love all of them. We stuck my youngest on pretty much everything when she was 3 and she dug it.
more of like a sensory thing of getting overwhelmed by noises and light. he liked at first one of the small rollercoasters at the fair which is basically a way jankier version of Slinky Dog but it was very rattly and jarring so I'm hoping the much smoother Disney version will be more appealing. his favorite rides will probably be the train around the MK and Tomorrowland Speedway.

i took a 3yo and she had a great time with some great stroller naps

people mover, spaceship earth, safari, magic carpet, jungle cruise, we took her on both Ratatouille and the new mickey train ride in Hollywood Studios, which were a little intense but she enjoyed them.

Almost every night after dinner we'd go back to Epcot and one of her favorite rides was, no joke, Living with the Land, which she'd go on while one of us would take our older girl on Soarin'. YMMV

Last edited:
We wouldn't take our son until he was 5, because we wanted to make sure he could walk on his own (not taking a stroller around) and could ride most of the rides.

We still needed some cool down time to have some calm and at least once took a mid-day trip back to the resort.

kudos to the 5yo but our 6.5 old ended up succumbing to fatigue and we started renting a stroller for her when she'd flag and/or we wanted to get somewhere quickly withhout having to resort to shoulder ride

i took a 3yo and she had a great time with some great stroller naps

people mover, spaceship earth, safari, magic carpet, jungle cruise, we took her on both Ratatouille and the new mickey train ride in Hollywood Studios, which were a little intense but she enjoyed them.

Almost every night after dinner we'd go back to Epcot and one of her favorite rides was, no joke, Living with the Land, which she'd go on while one of us would take our older girl on Soarin'. YMMV

Your kid has great taste. Living with the Land is the shit.

They had Glimmering Greenhouses for Christmas, which was neat.

Back