• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I did this once and it was so great that I don't care if I ever go back to Disney again. I just can't stomach waiting in line.

if i was going to do it up right, I think i would go on a trip to disney, spend a few days doing the parks like regular then at the end make a list of rides everyone loved and wanted to do again or whatever and spend the last day zipping around crushing the highlights

if i was going to do it up right, I think i would go on a trip to disney, spend a few days doing the parks like regular then at the end make a list of rides everyone loved and wanted to do again or whatever and spend the last day zipping around crushing the highlights

Yep. You got it. Three days tops. and you can get something like 8-10 people with one guide. They put you in a non-descript passenger van and take you to the back entrances of the parks.

Perception is reality, but the races are approximately the same time every year.
Right. During "what used to be dead spots in the calendar."

They're not connected to any holidays or anniversaries or whatever.

Universal released their first official information about Epic Universe.

We just got back from 2 days at Disney and 1 at Universal. Humblebrag here but we did a VIP tour at Disney one day and it was amazing. That day, we did the Avatar boat ride, the Avatar flying ride (scared my 6.5 yr old pretty good and he was upset for a while), Rise of the Resistance, Slinky Dog, Mickey & Minnie Train Ride, I did GotG with my wife and father-in-law, then we did Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, watched the parade, then did Peter Pan, Small World, and 7 Dwarves. Very busy but it was totally worth it. They drive you between the parks and park at very convenient entrances. I did Tron the next day with a regular lightning pass.

We did a VIP tour at Universal as well, which wasn't as good mostly because it was more expensive and my son can't ride as many of the rides, but man Harry Potter land is sooooo cool and he loved it.

Guardians is probably the best ride I've ever been on. Velocicoaster at Universal was amazing too, but the novelty and motion of Guardians (plus I love Marvel stuff) put it over the top, even though it wasn't as extreme.

I forgot to mention our guide on the VIP tour at Disney had been the guide for Christina Aguilera, Ariana Grande, and Celine Dion in the past, so that was kinda cool to hear about!

Anyone done Universal without the express pass? Is it doable or just gonna make me lose my mind? I'm still dicking around planning this thing maybe for the first of this summer. Looked into possibly staying at one of the premier hotels but that stuff gets crazy pricey, especially when I can stay for free with travel credits.

Just do it for one night at the hotel. You get express pass for all 4 of you for both the arrival day and checkout day.

In response to your question, I've done it without XP and it was fine, but it was mid week. One thing you can do to speed things up is use the single rider queue.

Universal without an express pass really depends on what you’re trying to do. There are plenty of rides that have reasonable lines and plenty that don’t. There are even rides where express pass doesn’t help much.

Back