• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

so stay at like Hard Rock Wed to Thursday and you get the express pass for both Wed and Thursday?
Yeah. Show up at 7:00 am on Wednesday and get your hotel key/express pass. Then check in when your room is ready in the afternoon. Check out and you still have your express pass all day Thursday as well.

We're going in late April to universal for a long weekend. Staying at Loews. You're not wrong about it getting pricey. Between that and flights it's a decent chunk of change (and that's taking Allegiant). The things we do for our kids (my oldest has read each HP book like three times so it seems like the thing to do).

Just formalized our plans to visit in early April for Flower and Garden and officially make my annual pass worth it.

Planning to do Disney with the whole family next spring. How much stock should I put in all the crowd prediction sites/data, or should I just go for it and know it will be crowded however we do it? We're likely going to be there the first week of March, which is (hopefully, maybe) a week before spring break crowds reallllyyyy pick up?

Also, just set an alarm for 0455 saturday morning to call (365 days out) and make a reservation. Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
I don't go nearly as often as I used to. My impression from following the chatter is that it's always crowded and sometimes it's super crowded. March is probably super crowded. I don't know if you have to wake up early to reserve hotel/tickets. You do for some restaurants.

We'd be staying at the Shades of Green resort (Disney military affiliation resort) so I think the reservation process is a little different from the other properties.
It seems like unless you're going in late August, it's just going to be super crowded and that's what it is. We're resigned to it, as this is when we have to go based on work/life/birthday schedules.

Yes. Disney figured out how to fill in what used to be dead spots in the year.

I don't go nearly as often as I used to. My impression from following the chatter is that it's always crowded and sometimes it's super crowded. March is probably super crowded. I don't know if you have to wake up early to reserve hotel/tickets. You do for some restaurants.
You have to book some restaurants at the drop of the 90 day window.

This thread is a billion pages. Is there an up to date guide for the best way to use the genie/lighting lane stuff?

This thread is a billion pages. Is there an up to date guide for the best way to use the genie/lighting lane stuff?
It depends how much work you want to spend and how much time you want to spend on your phone.

Quick summary:

Genie + is worth it at MK.
If it's busy, it's worth it at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
If you can swing the cost, buy all the Individual Lightning Lanes you want.
Virtual Queues become available at 7AM and 1PM. If you want a ride that uses it, be ready to click at 7AM and/or 1PM.

It depends how much work you want to spend and how much time you want to spend on your phone.

Quick summary:

Genie + is worth it at MK.
If it's busy, it's worth it at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
If you can swing the cost, buy all the Individual Lightning Lanes you want.
Virtual Queues become available at 7AM and 1PM. If you want a ride that uses it, be ready to click at 7AM and/or 1PM.

I was ready to click on the virtual queue at 1PM and did so. In the amount of time it took me to go in and enter and press ok, which was probably 5-10 seconds, it was full. Absolute bullshit. What's the point of the new rides if you have zero chance to ride them?

I was ready to click on the virtual queue at 1PM and did so. In the amount of time it took me to go in and enter and press ok, which was probably 5-10 seconds, it was full. Absolute bullshit. What's the point of the new rides if you have zero chance to ride them?
It's happened to the best of us. I've still never ridden Tron.

Back