• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

BiffTannen's rankings of Disney places he's stayed:

1. Beach Club Resort
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Contemporary
4. Polynesian
5. Relative's House in Oviedo
6. Lake Buena Vista Condo
7. Days Inn Kissimmee
8. Caribbean Beach Resort

Swan and Dolphin if you have Marriot points isn't bad. The downside is no direct bus access, but it's not a far walk to Epcot or Hollywood and you can walk to the DVC next door to catch the bus there. But if you're going to have a car, and you want down time, don't be afraid to do the gaylord palms or Shingle Creek or even around the convention center. Much cheaper - but longer drive. And if you want Disney stuff as a dad, go to the golf pro shops. Nike stuff with "small" branding vs over the top Disney.
Direct bus isn't exactly right. It takes you to the Transportation and Ticketing Center, so it's just MK. AK has a bus. Epcot and Studios have a boat you can take or, you can walk like you said.

I like Swan and Dolphin when we aren't staying DVC.

Swan and Dolphin if you have Marriot points isn't bad. The downside is no direct bus access, but it's not a far walk to Epcot or Hollywood and you can walk to the DVC next door to catch the bus there. But if you're going to have a car, and you want down time, don't be afraid to do the gaylord palms or Shingle Creek or even around the convention center. Much cheaper - but longer drive. And if you want Disney stuff as a dad, go to the golf pro shops. Nike stuff with "small" branding vs over the top Disney.

or walk over to Boardwalk and get on the bus

Swan and Dolphin have the bus and the boat, or you can walk to a couple of the parks.

1. Beach Club
2. Boardwalk
3-9. Grand Floridian
10. Caribbean Beach

those are the only places i've stayed

Amare at Swan Reserve is a very good restaurant.

Am I the only Pop Century poor? Why y'all breaking the bank for a room that you're not actually gonna use for anything other than sleeping?

Am I the only Pop Century poor? Why y'all breaking the bank for a room that you're not actually gonna use for anything other than sleeping?

speak for yourself, you prude

but mostly for proximity to things. Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk got that sweet sweet back eentrance to Epcot that is so money, baby. And the beach/yacht pool is clutch as well.

Last edited:
1. Beach Club
2. Boardwalk
3-9. Grand Floridian
10. Caribbean Beach

those are the only places i've stayed
#epcotresorts4lyfe

1) Beach Club Level
2) Boardwalk
3) GF
4) Swan
5) Contemporary (stayed in the Garden Wing which had a huuuge room)
6) Wilderness
7) Bonnett Creek Condo
8) Condo out past WWOS somewhere
9) French Quarter

Would like to try Polynesian, Yacht, and AK sometime just to see what it's like.

i love the Contemporary so much.
Yeah, those top 6 of mine are really bunched together and would probably appear in a different order if I ranked them yesterday or tomorrow. For the Contemporary, being able to walk to MK is awesome. But I really miss that breakfast buffet they used to have in the basement.

We used to stay Port Orleans frequently, but as we've gotten older, we enjoy our resort days more.

And by we, I mean my wife enjoys resort days more and I don't feel bad leaving her behind and going to the park solo.

BiffTannen's rankings of Disney places he's stayed:

1. Beach Club Resort
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Contemporary
4. Polynesian
5. Relative's House in Oviedo
6. Lake Buena Vista Condo
7. Days Inn Kissimmee
8. Caribbean Beach Resort

We went and tried to drink at all of the high end resorts on our trip there a couple weeks ago...Polynesian is on my must stay list now. I've already stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge (too far from 3 of the 4 parks) and Contemporary (underwhelming). Didn't make it to Wilderness Lodge yet.

I hate the pops. Even for sleeping there is always some cheer/band/tourist group making noise at all hours or smoking/vaping right outside the door. I would give up a park day to have a more "calm" hotel. So allocation of dollars not total dollars.

The Polynesian seems like it would be a great place to stay. DVC members there don’t seem super happy with it.

I love going to Trader Sam’s though.

When Wake plays in Orlando this fall, there should be a Wake park hopper thing.

does going into Disney World alone as an adult man ever feel a bit sketchy?
Why would it? Unless he's going into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or hitting on princesses at a character meal.

does going into Disney World alone as an adult man ever feel a bit sketchy?
I got over it fast. Even got my picture made with Mirabel. I was the only one in line without a kid.

I just enjoy myself and nobody really cares.

Back