• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World trip

Wake95

Reaction score
Taking the kiddos and wife to Florida for a week next month. Planning to spend a couple days at Disney and the rest of the time with family on the east coast. Figure we will probably just spend two nights at Disney. Leaning towards staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a savannah view room. Is there a better option? I haven't been to Disney in 15+ years so I am sure LOTS of things haven changed. Any recs that you all have regarding places to stay and eat and the best type of tickets to get would be mucho appreciated. Thanks.

i don't want to be THAT girl, but.... there are like 8 threads on this already.

Yeah. Do a search for Disney and you'll get some great advice.

Sorry....I am one of the 'old guys' on here and don't visit/follow the boards daily and frankly wouldn't know how to search for past threads even if I did want to. Sorry to have wasted your time.

How old are your kids? Which parks are you going to want to attend? I ask because I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savannah view room last year. We really enjoyed seeing the animals, but if you are going to be going to Epcot or the Magic Kingdom, rather than Animal Kingdom, the fact that you have to travel by bus instead of monorail is kind of a pain in the ass, especially if you have young children. If you're going to be spending your time at Magic Kingdom I strongly recommend Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary.

not a waste of time at all; just letting you know the information's out there. i'll bump it for you.

Gonna def hit the magic kingdom...not sure what else...havent really made any other plans yet

Just my opinion, but you spend SOO much time outside of the room that I don't see a whole lot of value in splurging for the nicer resorts.

Connection to the monorail is nice... Makes the days a little easier knowing you can pretty easily get back to your room if necessary.

But the buses are great. Save a couple hundred and stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter or other one.

But the buses are great. Save a couple hundred and stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter or other one.

That's what I would suggest. Caribbean Beach is also pretty nice and your not spending as much by staying in the Moderate Resorts.

My rooms will be free....so price of the rooms is not really an issue....was just wondering which resort property you thought was the nicest / most convenient

While apparently not an option for you this trip, we stayed at the Fort Wilderness RV park last month and it was ridiculously awesome. I highly recommend it if you have the means to stay there (camper). However, I did see everything from mega pimped out diesel pushers to tents.

My rooms will be free....so price of the rooms is not really an issue....was just wondering which resort property you thought was the nicest / most convenient

Nicest: Grand Floridian.

Gonna do a 1 day pass to Islands of Adventure and 1 day pass to Magic Kingdom. TAKE ALL MY MONIES.

Swan, Dolphin, Polynesian Resort, or Grand Floridian. Polynesian Resort used to have a great Character Buffet Breakfast that the kids would really enjoy, and it has monorail access to the parks, along with the standardized WDW bus lines that all the other resorts have.

Back