• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Unlike your boy W who took $5T in surpluses and turned them into over $10T in deficits.

Unlike W who left the equity markets lower than when he found them.

Unlike W who lost over 2M jobs in last his last eight months.

Unlike W who lied into a war to get re-elected and avenge his daddy.

Carter created a lasting peace between Egypt, Jordan and Israel. There is nothing W did that can compare to that.

Carter was a second tier POTUS, but using a baseball anaolgy- Carter was Johnny Peralta to W's Mario Mendoza.

I'm not going to type a full rebuttal as you make some good points except I have no idea WTF Johnny Peralta and Mario Mendoza are. Are they the token Hispanics for the Democrats? But using equities markets as a proxy for the economic health of a country is about as worse a measure as you can come up with. Now if you wanted to make that point, you could figure out how much the fall in equities cost IRAs, pension funds, net wealth, etc. It was the largest destruction of wealth in history coupled with housing. But that sends you back to the affordable housing act which happened under...

I am not a Hillary fan (at all), but she would have done a much better job than Obama has.

How do you figure? (And I am a Hillary fan, I just have trouble thinking anyone would have done *much* better given the economy.)

This woman talking about insurance is miserable. Bad call by the Dems to basically play one of those send $10 and feed a child for a month television ads.

Oh man. Can they let Slick Willy speak every night? What a boss.

Avalon, please explain Johnny Peralta and Mario Mendoza to Caturday.

I know you can do it. :)

I think Hillary has been great. Plus she actually seems like she'd be fun to have a beer with (or a vodka drinking contest vs McCain).

Zoe's mom should have just let the tears flow. You know the Obama campaign was praying for a downpour.

Avalon, please explain Johnny Peralta and Mario Mendoza to Caturday.

I know you can do it. :)

Oh, I think you were pretty clear. Classic RJ-esque analogy, though!

OMG the corpse of Lance O'Donnel is now a zombie and providing coverage. He looks like shit. And that's being unkind to shit.

How do you figure? (And I am a Hillary fan, I just have trouble thinking anyone would have done *much* better given the economy.)

I think she's more of a pragmatist (like Bill). She wouldn't have wasted all of her political capital on a giant new healthcare entitlement and would have focused instead on jobs. I think she would have been in a much better position to seek and find common ground with Republicans.

He's an arrogant shit. He rode the coat tails of the greatest TV/film writer of this era, Aaron Sorkin and is taking credit for Sorkin's brilliance.

I hope Rahm just goes raw on mother fuckers. Dude is meaner than Rove.

How, exactly, is the president supposed to create jobs? I thought that's why all the "job creators" got sweet tax cuts.

I think she's more of a pragmatist (like Bill). She wouldn't have wasted all of her political capital on a giant new healthcare entitlement and would have focused instead on jobs. I think she would have been in a much better position to seek and find common ground with Republicans.

Such horseshit. There hasn't been a 'pub looking for common ground in 4 years.

Healthcare was Hillary's baby. You don't think she would've gone hard after reform?

And I remember one of the big Hillary vs. Obama debates among primary voters was that the Republicans hated Hillary so much, people thought she may be unelectable.

A pragmatist understood that 2008 was the only time that the HC lobby was actually unable to kill off desperately necessary HC reform. If the Pubs can prevent any and all HC reform, they do, every time, because the HC lobby spends billions buying the GOP and perputuating a profit-centric HC system. 2008 was the only time the lobby was vulnerable. The Dems acted on HC under the only possible conditions that reform could occur. I would call that pragmatic, personally.

Interesting they didn't allow Rahm to be an attack dog.

Back