• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

I was referring to Bubba. You see "get off" is sometimes used as a euphemism for...oh, never mind.

Oh man, this is fantastic.

As to Bubba, everyone knew he was a horndog. His biggest problem with Monica was that she was fugly. If it had been Sandra Bullock or someone who looked like AJ McCarron's GF, he'd have gotten off.

Apparently Hillary didn't since she seemed totally shocked at the end of the stuff with Monica. That still surprises me. Christie's been the only possible GOP nominee to lead Hillary nationally (42-40), but a poll released today has him back in the pack with a double-digit deficit. The Tea Party doesn't seem to care much about electability, but I wonder how much support shifts away from Christie if his poll numbers vs Hillary stay at that level.

Wildstein's attorney is saying if his client gets immunity he will tell all.

Wildstein's attorney is saying if his client gets immunity he will tell all.

I hope he does tell all. Whatever the consequences are I am tired of the games. If Christie is lying I sincerely hope he gets nailed for it.

Hoboken was under water after Sandy. If this is true, it's evil.

avalon, you see how he treats people at press conferences he doesn't like. What makes you think he wouldn't use tactics as described in his political life?

Christie saying, "I am not a bully" rates up there with Nixon saying "I am not a crook" .

It's quite different than "I didn't have sex with that woman". Everyone lies about sex. If you don't expect people to lie about sex, you are being silly.

Hoboken was under water after Sandy. If this is true, it's evil.

Yeah. Is Wrangor so in the tank for Christie that he is forgetting that Christie represents all of NJ, not just those who agree with him?

I definitely am a Christie fan. I am not going to make judgement on every newsreport that comes out because to be honest I have no idea whether they are accurate or not. My point is that we are going to see a lot of these stories surface over the next 6 months because blood is in the water. You have no idea and I have no idea. Pointless right now to make judgement calls on complete hypotheticals. What if he did it? What if he didn't? What if the accusor if full of crap? What if Christie is an evil mastermind?

Over the next 6-12 months Christie will have a chance to face real negative criticism from all over the board. If he has been an evil dictator then I will have on problem supporting someone else in 2016. I happen to think there is going to be a lot of smoke and very little fire, but I could easily be wrong. People are always so anxious to pen someone as 'in the tank'. I have plenty of ability to reason with regards to Christie's situation. The reality is that we don't know, and we won't know for a while. The one thing we have a pretty good idea about is that the Democrats are going to attack him in the coming months to test his mettle. The same way Republicans are going to do the same thing once Hillary makes it official. Some of it may have merit, most of it probably won't (in both cases). That is the nature of politics.

The idea that Christie would use federal funds as leverage to move people in the direction he wanted is not surprising nor all that damning. Unless we are going to condemn Obama's medicare carrot he is offering the states in the same manner. People need medicare, yet he is only offering the federal funding to the states that choose to accept his version. What a bastard!

1) You don't think it's damning that he used federal emergency relief funds after one of the worst natural disasters to ever hit that area for political leverage?

2) Obama offers federal funding to the states that choose to expand Medicaid. That is what the funds are for, to cover more people. If the states don't want to cover more people, they don't get the funds. What does that have anything to do with Christie being an asshole?

"Unless we are going to condemn Obama's medicare carrot he is offering the states in the same manner. People need medicare, yet he is only offering the federal funding to the states that choose to accept his version. What a bastard!"

This is a really dumb statement! Why would Obama give money to expand Medicaid coverage to states that refuse to expand Medicaid coverage?

You make absolutely no sense.

avalon, you see how he treats people at press conferences he doesn't like. What makes you think he wouldn't use tactics as described in his political life?

Christie saying, "I am not a bully" rates up there with Nixon saying "I am not a crook" .

It's quite different than "I didn't have sex with that woman". Everyone lies about sex. If you don't expect people to lie about sex, you are being silly.

You're a condescending prick to people you don't like, any just about anyone who disagrees with your hypocritical world view. Does that make you a bully?

The idea that Christie would use federal funds as leverage to move people in the direction he wanted is not surprising nor all that damning. Unless we are going to condemn Obama's medicare carrot he is offering the states in the same manner. People need medicare, yet he is only offering the federal funding to the states that choose to accept his version. What a bastard!

You say this like he was trying to push through education reform or something, instead of a deal that would lead to tax breaks and profits for a private company over the protests of others that own land in the same area. A company that was represented by a law firm with connections to Christie and his people.

You can't expect a conservative to argue against crony capitalism.

Governors were turning down federal funding not being threatened politically in order to receive it.

You can't expect a lying POS phoney baloney progressive who is halfway through his second term to argue against crony capitalism.
FIFY

And NO! Conservatives never wanted that fucking RINO Christie

Last edited:
Back