• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

This Bridge deal was about as PREVENTABLE as Benghazi...which one garners more headlines today?

Yep rather than discuss the issue....change the subject.

P.S. Preventable by career people doing something and getting more funding.

This probably hurt Christie more than anything else. After all, Christie's hero is calling him out.

Yep rather than discuss the issue....change the subject.

P.S. Preventable by career people doing something and getting more funding.

Again your hatred of everything Right makes you believe ANY LIE told about them. Your irrationality isn't unique, but that is what we have here.

The WSJ, hardly a liberal rag, As I linked earlier, there is a picture of Wildstein and Chritie together DURING Bridgegate. The story had been above the fold in NY and Northern Jersey papers for two days. It had led the nightly news for two nights.

Do you actually believe that Christie (as he has said didn't) didn't ask a single question about it to the guy in charge of the bridge when they were together? If he didn't, then why didn't he?

If he didn't he didn't care much or already knew.

For his entire tenure, one of Chrisite's top attributes was how on top of everything he was. But he didn't ask anyone about this? He didn't follow up on this?

The issue concerns the traffic congestion generated in the neighborhoods by the lane closures that is not normally experienced. It does not concern the traffic on the bridge itself.

That congestion is there no matter what the cause of the bridge traffic. There are a shit ton of cars that go through that area, there are overflow problems any time there are backups on the bridge. If you can't handle sitting in traffic, you don't live there very long.

Christie told the mayor of Fort Lee that he didn't know about his aides' involvement in this. The mayor says he takes Christie at his word.

Christie told the mayor of Fort Lee that he didn't know about his aides' involvement in this. The mayor says he takes Christie at his word.

Of course he said that, he now knows what happens when you mess with Chris Christie ;)

Exactly end of story. Stop listening the insane liberals trying to conflate "bump in the road" with the end of the world a bridge ramp was closed. It's dishonest and shameful.

Which is the perfect response. If you take him at his word and something comes out it's on Christie. If he said,"I don't believe him", the onus switches to the Mayor of Ft. Lee. Everyone will be asking, "Why?"; "What's your evidence?" and much worse. with that response. The Mayor of Ft. Lee is in an absolutely no lose situation and can get more out of Christie going forward by saying that. He made the perfect statement.

Even the lead person investigating Bridgegate in the NJ Senate is saying the same thing while saying he hopes that his investigation will be considered "appropriate" by the governor.

When you were running a facility and a story about one of your departments made the nightly news and all the papers, if your were with the person in charge of that department during the problem, wouldn't you ask him what's going on? Wouldn't you ask when it will be fixed?

According to Christie he didn't do this. I don't find that believable.

Can we stop calling it bridge"gate", obviously in relation to Watergate to make it sound worse than it is. Watergate was a serious of actual crimes committed by Nixon and his employees not the closing of a bridge.

hey hey, the GOP wingers need to torpedo this electable, quasi-centrist before he gets too powerful

Which is the perfect response. If you take him at his word and something comes out it's on Christie. If he said,"I don't believe him", the onus switches to the Mayor of Ft. Lee. Everyone will be asking, "Why?"; "What's your evidence?" and much worse. with that response. The Mayor of Ft. Lee is in an absolutely no lose situation and can get more out of Christie going forward by saying that. He made the perfect statement.

Except, of course, for the fact that he is the Mayor of Fort Lee. That is about one step above being mayor of Gastonia.

So, rj disagrees with Mayor Mark Sokolich

Reread what I posted. I completely agree with what he did and gave reasons why. It's the perfect statement for him to make.

I notice you (WFU71) conveniently didn't respond to this:

"When you were running a facility and a story about one of your departments made the nightly news and all the papers, if your were with the person in charge of that department during the problem, wouldn't you ask him what's going on? Wouldn't you ask when it will be fixed?

According to Christie he didn't do this. I don't find that believable."

Reread what I posted. I completely agree with what he did and gave reasons why. It's the perfect statement for him to make.

I notice you (WFU71) conveniently didn't respond to this:

"When you were running a facility and a story about one of your departments made the nightly news and all the papers, if your were with the person in charge of that department during the problem, wouldn't you ask him what's going on? Wouldn't you ask when it will be fixed?

According to Christie he didn't do this. I don't find that believable."

Read your own post. The mayor takes him at his word, meaning he believes him. You say you don't believe Christie. In other words, you disagree with the mayor.

Clearly he doesn't believe the mayor. I have no doubts mistakes were made. It wasn't a cover-up. It wasn't "the worst thing since Watergate". There were no crimes committed. These is no scandal here. There is nothing to attack Christie over but RJ is making his own narrative.

Back