• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

The fact that I said 'Read' and you thought I was talking about you reading your own posts is hilarious to me.

You have to 'Read' my posts. You keep asking me for reasons behind my wife's decisions, and I have already laid them out and said very clearly that I don't claim to be an expert. You are still trying to argue our decision, when I didn't really make it.

lol.

The fact that you took "Read what?" in response to "Read. It helps PH." to mean I thought you were talking about me reading my posts is strange. I was asking you what it would help to read on this issue.

The logic of "I'm not an expert, but I'll go against what the broad consensus of experts say" is weird and dangerous.

the troubling part is that it's not doctors or scientists planting seeds of doubt about vaccines, it's politicians

And celebrities and discredited scientists. Those are the people Wrangor chooses to believe instead of the experts.

I guess I understand it as part of conservative political pathos. Don't trust Big X.

I guess I understand it as part of conservative political pathos. Don't trust Big Government.

Fixed. It's not X. They trust Big Business, Big Money, and Big Religion.

Don't forget Big Law Enforcement. Especially Big Police Unions.

Which is a pretty big subsection of Big Government, but don't tell them that.

Wife came to the conclusion that she couldn't be certain there was a link

There is literally a mountain of research validating that there is no link. If your wife came to that conclusion it's because she went into her "research" having her thoughts already bent towards validating a problem that doesn't actually exists. THAT is why the anti-vax crowd is so damn dangerous.

I have a couple good friends who are pediatricians. The anti-vax crowd drives them absolutely batshit. There is NO legitimate science supporting a link between vaccines and autism. NONE.

guys, wrangor was just listening to his wife. give him a break.

results14.gif

Not to be outdone, YA BOI Thom Tillis wants to take the fight to Big Handwashing next.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...3/the-next-public-health-debate-hand-washing/

Once we’re done debating whether children should be vaccinated, we can move on to other pressing public health questions, such as whether eateries can force its employees to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.
At least one freshman U.S. senator thinks, “nah.”
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), at the end of an appearance Monday at the Bipartisan Policy Center, volunteered a story about “his bias when it comes to regulatory reform.”
Tillis said he was at a Starbucks in 2010 talking to a woman about regulations and where businesses should be allowed to opt out. His coffee companion challenged him, asking whether employees there should be required to wash their hands.
“As a matter of fact I think this is one where I think I can illustrate the point,” he recalled telling her. “I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash our hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that. It’s one example.” (Is requiring a sign not a regulation?)

The invisible hand of the free market shakes twice and doesn't wash.

Back