• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

635565953118235514-Chris-Christie-awkward-hug.jpg

Chris Christie’s despicable endorsement of Trump

No matter how cynical one becomes about politics, it seems never to be enough. One hopes that with this irresponsible, soulless act, Christie’s career comes to an end. He may well go down in history as the Republican most responsible for undercutting serious Republican presidential candidates and helping to elect Democrats whose policies endanger U.S. national security. Shame on him.

Ouch.

HP CEO Meg Whitman and former NJ Govrrnor Christie Todd Whitman both previously endorsed Christie, but both have now denounced Christie for endorsing Trump. Christie's all in and completely hosed if Trump doesn't win. Corporate America won't embrace Christie after this.

Christie's biggest failing as a political figure is obvious petulance at not getting his way. Romney passed him over for VP? He'll just visibly embrace Obama mere days before the '12 election. Rubio finishes ahead of him in NH after Christie tries to take him out? He'll endorse Trump the day after Rubio staggered Trump on a debate stage (violating an express promise in the process). Christie has talent, but in many ways he's been his own worst enemy--you have to be able to lose gracefully.

HP CEO Meg Whitman and former NJ Govrrnor Christie Todd Whitman both previously endorsed Christie, but both have now denounced Christie for endorsing Trump. Christie's all in and completely hosed if Trump doesn't win. Corporate America won't embrace Christie after this.

He'll go to work for Trump. No worries.

W tabbed Cheney to head his VP selection team, but can't believe Sleepy is still in the VP mix. Podesta led Obama's transition team. Gotta think Christie is in the AG/VP hunt. Christie is bending NJ over big time right now.

VP wish list has to be Martinez, Haley, Kasich, Scott, Fallin, Ernst, and Christie. Haley and Little Marco are out. Martinez and Kasich are being coy. None of the others would turn it down if offered.

Christie has almost no cache to recruit a VP. I think he's going to end up being the VP.

Curious about your current take on Christie, LK. If I recall correctly, you once had a hard on for him the size of a pair of his pants.

I was a fan, but I was always realistic that a man that obese wasn't going to get far on a national stage. He's still great to listen to, but his star is very diminished.

I was a fan, but I was always realistic that a man that obese wasn't going to get far on a national stage. He's still great to listen to, but his star is very diminished.

That's why they put him on the edges at the debates. If he had to make it all the way to center stage, he would have been winded.

Christie has almost no cache to recruit a VP. I think he's going to end up being the VP.

Hands on Corey Lewandowski will replace Sleepy in charge of Trump's VP selection committee. Sleepy will be the Ryan fluffer before Trump's upcoming pow wow. After Carson explains icky prison butt sex and pyramid grain silos, Ryan will do whatever Trump wants just to shut that reasonable measured loopy bastard up.

Trump allegedly has narrowed it to five or six potential VP candidates. Speaking of narrow, Christie's the only known name on the list.

Back