• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

Pretty sure I've seen Trump supporters would go to Carson and vice versa. Republicans have reaped the hate for politicians that they have sowed.

On the other hand, you could give the voters credit for not wanting to elect the republican version of Hillary Clinton.

On the other hand, you could give the voters credit for not wanting to elect the republican version of Hillary Clinton.

Who is that?

Pretty sure I've seen Trump supporters would go to Carson and vice versa. Republicans have reaped the hate for politicians that they have sowed.

I saw a poll that had something like 40% of trump supporters said Christie was their 2nd choice. Was a few weeks back though. Would have trouble locating it.

I posted a first/second choice poll on the Republicans for POTUS thread last week or so.

Jeb Bush pretty much.

Not really. The aren't similar at all. Jeb is a weakling. I dislike Hillary but she isn't weak. Jeb has been rolled in the debates by both trump and Rubio. Hillary would have fought back with something substantial.

Not really. The aren't similar at all. Jeb is a weakling. I dislike Hillary but she isn't weak. Jeb has been rolled in the debates by both trump and Rubio. Hillary would have fought back with something substantial.

I think they would govern similarly. Similar foreign policy. Not much change to current direction on most policies.

Chris Christie remembered he has a job, and went home to sign a few laws, and veto others.

Christie Vetoes Atlantic City Aid Package

Back in Trenton on Visit, Gov. Christie Vetoes Bill to Reform Voting Laws

Christie vetoes gun control bill backed by Gabby Giffords

Under the proposed measure, judges would have been required to order the offenders to turn over their weapons to law enforcement within 24 hours, or sell them. Advocates for the bill said the law needed a better enforcement mechanism.

But in his veto message, Christie suggested toughening penalties for those convicted of domestic abuse, as well as making it easier for victims to obtain their own guns.

Pretty entertaining to review a three year old thread. The two year old Carson thread is even more amusing. Can understand why there were high hopes for Christie, but never understood Carson's appeal.

So what's next for Christie? NJ approval rating is in the tank, so doubtful he could win a Senate seat. Term limited out, so done as Governor. Would be a great attack dog VP, but Bridegate still unresolved. Attorney General might be a possibility. With Trump having been the frontrunner for six months, now seems quaint that many thought Christie was too boorish and rude to win the GOP nomination.

If the 17 'Pubs who ran this time, don't see a lot of upside for many after the primaries. Walker will fade into obscurity. Perry's done. Rand faces a reasonably tough re-election fight. Huckabee's and Santorum's scorched earth social conservatism is in decline, but they'll still sell some books. Gilmore, Pataki-WTF? Jeb-done. Christie, Carly, Jindal, Carson, Graham-hoping for Cabinet roles.

Kasich-VP? Rubio-VP or FL Governor? Cruz-VP or Supreme Court? Trump-POTUS or back to reality TV? Basically shoot the moon for the GOP. Back to square one for 2020 since nobody who ran this time will be well positioned for 2020. Cruz and Rubio may try again. Paul Ryan, Nikki Haley, Ben Sasse, and Tom Cotton may run. Would like to see Rob Portman run, but he's too much in the Huntsman, Colin Powell, Mitch Daniels, Kasich mold and wouldn't have a chance of getting the GOP nomination until the Tea Party/social conservative fever breaks.

I think Christie's BEST bet is Attorney General. I don't see him getting elected as a Senator, and I doubt he would go that route anyway. Not sure what his next move is.

AG has to be Senate approved, no? I don't see that happening for Christie, especially if the Dems recapture (although if the GOP nom wins POTUS, that's unlikely). Christie will most likely build a personal war chest on the speaking circuit and then take another run at POTUS in 2020, Romney style. Or maybe lay low for a few years and run for Senate.

Christie could apply for this job: http://jobs.bullhorncloud.com/jobs/...1&source=Corporate_Job_Board&jobOrderID=89502

Job Number: 89502
Title: Traffic Coordinator
Experience: 0
Type: Contract
Start Date: November 18, 2015
TRAFFIC COORDINATOR, Parsippany, NJ. On-going Freelance. Our client, an Advertising Agency in Parsippany, NJ, is searching for a Traffic Coordinator. Responsibilities:

• You will be reporting to the Director of Traffic, be the liaison among Studio, Account Management, Creative, Digital and Production.
  • You will ensure assigned account team adheres to current procedures and ensure smooth work flow by scheduling events, establishing priorities, and following up with each team member through all phases of the job.
  • You will also keep financial records and budgets for each assigned brand.
Required Qualifications:

• Previous traffic coordinator work experience.
  • Ability to communicate with a diverse group of teams.
  • Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project)

Does Christie have an experience in athletic administration? (only half joking)

538 posted a post-mortem of Christie's campaign. Nothing new but a good overview.

Yeah, but are Dems just ripping on Carson because they're scared of him? He seems reasonable and well-measured to me.

excited to have goskins back after a hard fought yet unsuccessful campaign

Back