• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do Infants Belong In Movies?

You love you some Amy Duncan, don't lie.

Where do black chicks fall on the scale? Are we including black chicks?

I'm offended that she'd be considered an "older blonde". She was a year behind me.

"Black chicks" is a real broad category. Pretty high on the scale though.

I'm offended that she'd be considered an "older blonde". She was a year behind me.

"Black chicks" is a real broad category. Pretty high on the scale though.

Yeah, everytime I find a black chick attractive I examine why. It's usually the black chicks with European features that I find attractive. Like, I never look at National Geographic's Africa issues and say, "Whoa! she's hot." It's Tyra Banks or Halle Berry that rev the motor.

They are real broads! I agree. Probably don't like being called broads though.

Anyway, I an am not a parent but I know it isn't easy taking care of another human being.

Do you have jamesda on ignore? And I generally agree with Toogs, I'm just not being as much of a dickass about it. Then again, trying to get a toddler to do something is pretty difficult. If I see a parent yelling at a kid I'm like " what did that little hellspawn do?"

I'm morally opposed to the ignore feature

Having kids makes me feel old anyway.

Depends on the day. If I'm going headfirst down the giant inflatable slide at Monkey Joe's or hitting wiffle balls in the backyard, then I feel a lot younger than I did 5 years ago.

Depends on the day. If I'm going headfirst down the giant inflatable slide at Monkey Joe's or hitting wiffle balls in the backyard, then I feel a lot younger than I did 5 years ago.

Good point. I don't feel old until after I do those things.

I haven't read the whole thread, but the answer is NO! As a matter of fact, the little bastards should not be allowed anywhere near non relative adults until they are about 6-7. That means you can not take your brat (with your Range Rover sized stroller) to the festival, can't take the crying, shit machine to a restaurant or on a plane. Whew, that felt good!

And so do the other people in the theater that your brat is enraging.

I did say I take them to theaters that are empty and if there are a few people in there and they act up we take them out.

I did say I take them to theaters that are empty and if there are a few people in there and they act up we take them out.

That is not what you said; that is the position you have backpedaled to.

I never said the theaters were empty, but I never said they had a lot people in them. We have only been to a few movies anyway and most of the time they behave except they got wild at the chipmunks and we had to take my son out.

Last edited:
I never said the theaters were empty, but I never said they had people in them. We have only been to a few movies anyway and most of the time they behave except they got wild at the chipmunks and we had to take my son out.

:laugh:

When did buying a movie ticket mean that everyone else in the theatre had to be as still as a statue? If you really need complete peace and quiet to watch a movie, either buy up the tickets for the whole theatre or rent it and watch it at home. Otherwise, there are going to be people at the theatres with you, and some of them will probably annoy you. Most of them paid just as much to be there as you did. Maybe the little kids got in free.

I've never taken a young child to anything not rated G, but you guys are a tough crowd to please. Some people will bring kids. Some will text. Some will talk on the phone. Someone's phone will ring five minutes after the "silence your phone" message. Some will talk the whole movie. Some will get up repeatedly. Some couples will make out. Do these things irritate/distract you because they are unexpected, or just because they are rude? If you go into any public place and expect none of those things to happen, it is your expectations that are out of whack.

I have kids and I wouldn't take them to anything not age-appropriate. But I have enough empathy for other parents to not kill them

When did buying a movie ticket mean that everyone else in the theatre had to be as still as a statue? If you really need complete peace and quiet to watch a movie, either buy up the tickets for the whole theatre or rent it and watch it at home. Otherwise, there are going to be people at the theatres with you, and some of them will probably annoy you. Most of them paid just as much to be there as you did. Maybe the little kids got in free.

I've never taken a young child to anything not rated G, but you guys are a tough crowd to please. Some people will bring kids. Some will text. Some will talk on the phone. Someone's phone will ring five minutes after the "silence your phone" message. Some will talk the whole movie. Some will get up repeatedly. Some couples will make out. Do these things irritate/distract you because they are unexpected, or just because they are rude? If you go into any public place and expect none of those things to happen, it is your expectations that are out of whack.

I have kids and I wouldn't take them to anything not age-appropriate. But I have enough empathy for other parents to not kill them

I have absolutely no empathy for the parents of whiny children in public settings, especially in movie theaters. Kids are so much worse than texting/talking/ringing and really almost anything else. I'd expect to be assaulted by the whiny little bastards in a g-rated movie, even PG, but anything else? Nope.

All of these things require condemnation. If you want to start a thread on annoying things people do in theaters, go for it. But in this thread, shitty parents are being rightfully killed for being shitty parents.

Back