• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do Navy Seals take PEDs?

RhinoDeac

Reaction score
Inspired by this shot.

05seals-popup.jpg

That's a big dude.

Anyway, that got me thinking: why shouldn't our SEALS be roiding? Wouldn't that make them better soldiers, or is that cheating?

Inspired by this shot.

That's a big dude.

Anyway, that got me thinking: why shouldn't our SEALS be roiding? Wouldn't that make them better soldiers, or is that cheating?

Meth.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but these guys are strong/fit in a completely different way than your average gorilla juicehead.

if my job was to be stronger, faster, and more deadly than any human I could conceivably encounter, damn straight I would take PEDs. I would like the veterans on here to tell me the answers to these questions if known: (1) does the military test its personnel for PEDS? (2) if so, does PED use get regular soldiers in trouble, and (3) if so, are SpecOps formally or informally given a pass?

The PED witch hunt is one of the dumbest things in the world. Why would the military give a shit? I'm sure they use all kinds of substances to maximize performance and why the fuck shouldn't they? Unless Joe Biden decides he wants to hold some more Congressional hearings because todays soldier taint his view of the 1960s GI Joes he grew up with.

OK, so if the military's OK with it, and athletes at Army/Navy join in, can you cite those schools for "lack of institutional control?"

I almost think you should let students in academies take anything they can, especially if you know they're going to go on active duty.

I've heard some rumblings about PED use in the SOF community.

That being said, you have to keep in mind that these are some of the most disciplined people you'll ever meet; they tend to be fully committed to everything they do, which is why they are SOF operators. Are some of these dudes using PEDs? Yeah, probably. Are there SOF dudes who are monsters not using PEDs? Most definitely.

Are some of these PEDs being administered directly by the military? Most likely.

Who cares?

if my job was to be stronger, faster, and more deadly than any human I could conceivably encounter, damn straight I would take PEDs. I would like the veterans on here to tell me the answers to these questions if known: (1) does the military test its personnel for PEDS(2) if so, does PED use get regular soldiers in trouble, and (3) if so, are SpecOps formally or informally given a pass?

(1) I don't think PEDs are tested unless requested and approved by the chain of command.

(2) Not sure, would have to consult the AR

(3) Again not sure, but it's probably a 'dont ask don't tell' kind of thing, which is just my guess. See #1

I know the sealfit web site they use (?) is really intense. Can't even do 1/2 that in a given day.

(1) I don't think PEDs are tested unless requested and approved by the chain of command.

(2) Not sure, would have to consult the AR

(3) Again not sure, but it's probably a 'dont ask don't tell' kind of thing, which is just my guess. See #1

OK...I think under UCMJ, PED's are treated like any other controlled substance and the soldier, if found guilty of use, would be subject to UCMJ as such.

In summary, PEDs in the military are not routinely tested for, but soldiers found guilty of use would probalby be subject to UCMJ.

I knew a guy that was JTF2, and they were given all sorts of things especially PEDs.
He told me they never knew what they were given but he got from 175 to 225 all muscle..so I guess it's the same way for US special forces

btw it was given by the team doctors..

There's a gray market of legal steroids, so they could be "juicing" legally. Personally, I don't give a shit what they're doing if they're healthy about it.

My buddy who is a air combat controller says def not because the drugs available only give you benefits in sone areas and hamper you in others and overall balance is paramount.

All I know is my brother joked about how he kept getting shots every week and he had no idea what they were.

I think the only issue would be any long-term health effects. But I know nothing about most PEDs that they might be taking.

I think they're more worried about the short-term health effects.

I posted this on the Political board thread about this so I'll post it here:

When you really sit down and think about it, it makes sense. America's greatest fictional soldier is a product of a "super soldier serum". I wouldn't be surprised at all.

My attitudes about PEDs have changed over the years. I believe there should be an even playing field in sports and obviously there are health risks. But at the risk of sounding like a mix of Jose Canseco and OliveGardenDeac, if we can achieve better living through science in a way that makes us bigger, faster, stronger, you can't expect people not do it, especially when the stakes are high.

Back