• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do negative fans hurt the basketball program?

The Bzzz apologists are acting like that class is going to take us from bottom of the league to the bubble as freshmen. I hope they are right, but many of those same people were the ones hyping up Parade AA Chase Fischer.

If we had no one else returning you'd be right, but we will have two of the Top 5 scorers in the ACC returning. ho now will have other scoring options which will make it easier for them to score.

We will also have more size and depth.

We have more athleticism.

Carson with another big next to him get even more blocked shots.

Tony as a sub will be better than he was as a starter.

We will have finsihed this year with 12-14 wins. To get to the bubble, we would only need to improve marginally more than we did this year.

It's not like peoepl are saying we are going to go from where we are to a 5 Seed.

yeah, we shant dare hope for a 5 seed in a coaches 3rd year, that would be clearly unreasonable.

LE01.jpg

But a team with 2 of the 3 leading scorers in the ACC can't be expected to be a top 200 team?

If we had no one else returning you'd be right, but we will have two of the Top 5 scorers in the ACC returning. ho now will have other scoring options which will make it easier for them to score.

We will also have more size and depth.

We have more athleticism.

Carson with another big next to him get even more blocked shots.

Tony as a sub will be better than he was as a starter.

We will have finsihed this year with 12-14 wins. To get to the bubble, we would only need to improve marginally more than we did this year.

It's not like peoepl are saying we are going to go from where we are to a 5 Seed.

Yeah CD is a real stat stuffer. And Tony even better next year?? That is exciting.

TO GET TO THE BUBBLE--what an awesome goal.

We are going to be too young next year. And you can't judge a coach on 3 years of evidence. But 4? That's plenty.

We're currently walking off a bruised knee because we trip and fell when we hired Bzz.

His point is without merit in that his statement about family travelling with players and the amount of travel are totally false.

Chase will be fine. He needs a season to acclimate to the speed of the game but I see him improving steadily as he finds his role. He may wind up being the 6th man shooter waiting on the kick-out from a driving CMM or C.J.

Regardless of what he does in the off-season, he needs to learn how to play defense... There are plenty mediocre athletes who do just fine in team defensive schemes. Chase is not one of them.

You have to walk before you can run.

What has happened to my beloved Deacons? I know all the circumstances, but this is just sad. We've regressed to crawling and we're all looking forward to our first baby steps next year. Running still a long way off. This the institution that proudly produced RoRo, Chill, Slam Duncan, and CP3.

I'm trying to raise the DeacKids to be Wake fans. They passionately love the Deacs, but obviously cheering for a winner is always an extra incentive. My plea to the football and hoops teams: Need a little help here!!

What has happened to my beloved Deacons? I know all the circumstances, but this is just sad. We've regressed to crawling and we're all looking forward to our first baby steps next year. Running still a long way off. This the institution that proudly produced RoRo, Chill, Slam Duncan, and CP3.

I'm trying to raise the DeacKids to be Wake fans. They passionately love the Deacs, but obviously cheering for a winner is always an extra incentive. My plea to the football and hoops teams: Need a little help here!!

Interesting. That's what I did--not intentionally--and I am not sure I did them any favors.

Back