• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we cheer for UNC?

someone correct me if I'm wrong but if we beat Clemson, we control our own destiny re: head to head victory and wiggle room for each loss the Tigers sustain otherwise but if we don't, we'd need them to lose all 3 between UNC, @GaTech, and @NCSU, which is pretty unlikely.

so this game matters little unless we expect to beat them in Death Valley (and I don't really expect that). feel free to cheer for the holes to lose.

Never. We want them beaten badly. Then we go in next week and perp walk their ass.

If UNC loses and we win, we can pretty much guarantee being over them in the bowl pecking order with a win next week.

A Clemson loss certainly helps the Deacs (don't think of it as a UNC win). But, IMO, its too early to be thinking about what we need from other teams to win the division. Bottom line is we need to get back on a winning streak for it to matter.

Although, UNC winning could give them a false sense of confidence for when we come to town. Would not shock me to see UNC take us lightly, regardless of what happens this week.

It all depends on if we think we have a legit chance to win division. If you do, then you pull for Clemson to lose this week. If not, then hope the holes get rolled and that destroys any confidence they may have coming into our game next week.

someone correct me if I'm wrong but if we beat Clemson, we control our own destiny re: head to head victory and wiggle room for each loss the Tigers sustain otherwise but if we don't, we'd need them to lose all 3 between UNC, @GaTech, and @NCSU, which is pretty unlikely.

so this game matters little unless we expect to beat them in Death Valley (and I don't really expect that). feel free to cheer for the holes to lose.

You are not considering a scenario where we lose to one of Duke, UNC or Maryland. Were that to occur, we would need to beat Clemp in Clemp AND have the Tigers lose once to someone else.

Go Holes

We aren't beating Clemson. So what's the difference?

Cheer for them? No.

But I certainly won't be upset if they do win. I'll leave it at that.

You are not considering a scenario where we lose to one of Duke, UNC or Maryland. Were that to occur, we would need to beat Clemp in Clemp AND have the Tigers lose once to someone else.

Go Holes

this.

Go Holes

This. These threads tell you who hates Carolina more than they love Wake.

Didn't they just lose to Miami? Do you guys honestly think they could even score a single point on Clemson?

As I stab my eyes out typing this I say yes. I don't think we will win in Clempsom, so I'm pulling for them to lose 3 (won't happen) but if UNCheat does it today then @GT and @NCSU has a chance. Million to one odds here, I understand

We aren't beating Clemson. So what's the difference?

Real talk. Clemson and VT will most likely be playing for the Orange Bowl. But given our preseason expectations it has been a great year so far.

Back