• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we cheer for UNC?

I wish we had 11 bud noels against Boyd. We would certainly win then.

Whatever people decided, it hasn't mattered. Clemson should roll now

Hoping the UNC will win to help Wake's road to a title does not require that one actively "cheer" for them. What you do is you hope for their opponent to perform poorly

Anyone who is unwilling to cheer for any team who could help us get into a better position for the champ game is a crap fan.

I don't see us beating Clemson either, but getting ahead of UNC in the bowl pecking order could set us up for Charlotte.

I'm feeling pretty good after the Clemson win.

Hoping the UNC will win to help Wake's road to a title does not require that one actively "cheer" for them. What you do is you hope for their opponent to perform poorly
I guess I just fail to see a distinction.

Interesting thread. Just a hunch, but I bet the NC natives are more strongly opposed to rooting for UNC than the out-of-state folks.

To me (an out-of-stater) it's an obvious choice: anything that helps the Deacs. But I didn't hate Carolina before I enrolled at Wake. Actually, I don't hate Carolina, I disdain them. Who cares if they win or lose? They are nothing to me. People who grew up hating Carolina probably have a different view.

Even so, I've hated Duke basketball my whole life, and I'd root for them to win to help us without a second thought. I'd root for them to beat my second-favorite team, to win by a ton of points, whatever's necessary. Deacs first, always.

We're totes gonna win in (fake) Death Valley. And PJ is gonna give us our cushion.

Clemson is the "real" Death Valley. Tiger Stadium was nicknamed Deaf Valley as a take off on the Clemson name and then it became Death Valley as well over time.

Back