• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Actively Pull Against Wake Forest Basketball?

Do You Pull Against Wake Basketball?

• Yes, when Wake plays ranked teams I pull against Wake/[Redacted]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pick the answer which best suits you.

Also while I know that people are just posting tags to irritate me I just want to point out that I've been against [Redacted] since before he was hired, wrote a fire [Redacted] article within a season of him becoming coach, wrote another one each of the last two years, and have been one of the most vocal and vehement Bzz outers over the course of the past three seasons.

I also contributed to the newspaper ad as well as the billboard accounts (although both were very small amounts)

No, but every game is bittersweet. I don't want to be torn, but blind allegiance is foolish and enabling.

I don't want to lose, but i think with [Redacted] as coach we will. If we have to lose, I want it to look bad for [Redacted] so we can start healing.

None of the poll choices fit me. I pull for Wake in every circumstance except 2: When we're playing a bad team close, I pull for the loss, and when we're losing by 10-15 I secretly hope it gets blown to 25 or 30. I really don't ever want us to lose, but if we're going to play badly I want it to be as embarrassing for Bzz and Wellman as possible.

I look forward to the BSD article referencing this poll.

I root for Wake with the full assurance that my support has no influence over the team's performance and with complete confidence that [Redacted]'s incompetence will ensure that no matter how much we support the Deacs, we will continue to wallow in irrelevance.

I root for Wake with the full assurance that my support has no influence over the team's performance and with complete confidence that [Redacted]'s incompetence will ensure that no matter how much we support the Deacs, we will continue to wallow in irrelevance.

Yeah this is basically how I feel.

All of this is simply rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. So, I pull for them to win unless a no-name opponent can sufficiently embarrass and expedite Wellman's departure sooner.
Either way, the ship is sinking.

I'm hovering around not caring about individual game outcomes, but I still watch and want Wake to win. Something that isn't said, though, is that a) we are rarely in the position to win (or "win," as in our OOC so far) and that b) I think that feeling guilty or terrible about the implications of winning are very different than actively rooting against our team.

We need to lose early and often to get Buzz the fuck out of town. I have pretty much wanted us to lose every game (with rare exception) since Year 2 of The Era Of Unwiped Ass.

I don't really care (but I'm not sad if they lose since it hopefully is one step closer to the end of Bz). Only care about getting rid of [Redacted] (and/or Wellman) asap so that I can start caring about the program again.

I want to root against us bc it's in the best interest of the program but I can't.

I can't see the poll since I'm on Tapatalk. I bet against us in year 2 but still pulled for us to win. In year 3 I just said fuck it and began pulling against us in every game. Buzz loses a lot so it is very liberating. I was upset when we beat Miami. That win probably set the program back 2 years.

I shouldn't have to shake my head in fear of impending doom after we have a big home win against a ranked team.

I will not actively cheer against the Deacs, but will not financially support WF athletics in any fashion, as long as that POS posing as the coach remains. Also, I contributed to the Billboard and am willing to do whatever must be done to bring change to the Athletic Department.

Back