• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you drink milk? (In a glass by itself, not in coffee or cereal or with cookies)

Milk, in a glass, by itself, no accompaniments?

• Total voters
Damnit, Townie. I blindly voted without reading the additional parameters appended to the poll:

Milk, in a glass, by itself, no accompaniments?

I add milk to overnight oats and cereal. Stopped drinking it alone a long time ago.

Edit: in new boards 2.0 you can change your vote, apparently.

Are we talking just straight milk? I assume in coffee doesn’t count.

with certain desserts, yes.

i'll grab a chocolate milk at the grocery store or convenience store every now and then

It's pretty much the perfect recovery beverage after a long run, Townie.
Well, lowfat chocolate milk is.

I drink that rarely. Typically, I'm ready to eat after a long run.

I use milk in cereal. I typically put cashew milk in shakes.

Funny how all those superior milk alternatives like almond/oat/soy try to make themselves look, taste and feel like…regular milk.

Funny how all those superior milk alternatives like almond/oat/soy try to make themselves look, taste and feel like…regular milk.
Fewer calories than regular milk (almond/soy) or fewer natural resources to produce (oat). Not to mention something for lactose intolerant or vegan.

Gives people an alternative.

Not gonna lie, on rare occasions we have some sugary breakfast treat cereal in the house. Even more rare I'll have a bowl and drink the left over milk. Thats about it.

Fewer calories than regular milk (almond/soy) or fewer natural resources to produce (oat). Not to mention something for lactose intolerant or vegan.

Gives people an alternative.
Yeah, I was allergic to dairy in my teens so started on soy milk as the only real alternative in the 90's. That was back when it only came in those "refrigerate after opening" boxes on the baking aisle. It was gross, but how else would a high schooler get cereal for breakfast?

Yeah, I was allergic to dairy in my teens so started on soy milk as the only real alternative in the 90's. That was back when it only came in those "refrigerate after opening" boxes on the baking aisle. It was gross, but how else would a high schooler get cereal for breakfast?
You probably could've used heavy whipping cream as milk and burned all of the calories as a teen.

You probably could've used heavy whipping cream as milk and burned all of the calories as a teen.
Isn't that still dairy and thus would defeat the purpose?

Anyway, I very very rarely have a glass of milk, but I do use soy milk on cereal, still, in 2020 fucking 3.

i can honestly say that i have not drank regular milk in over 20 years. i might add almond, soy or oat milk to coffee, tea or recipe.

Back