• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you drink milk? (In a glass by itself, not in coffee or cereal or with cookies)

Milk, in a glass, by itself, no accompaniments?

• Total voters
barring allergies, i just can't see how anyone would choose a lesser alternative for the marginal caloric benefit. you have one life to live and you want to drink soy milk?

Tommy: You shouldn't drink that stuff anyway.[looking at the milk Turkish is drinking]
Turkish: Why, what's wrong with it?
Tommy: It's not in sync with evolution.
Turkish: Shut up.
Tommy: Cows have only been domesticated for the last eight thousand years. Before that, they were running around mad as lorries. The human digestive system hasn't got used to dairy products yet.
Turkish: Well **** me Tommy. What have you been reading?

Isn't that still dairy and thus would defeat the purpose?

Anyway, I very very rarely have a glass of milk, but I do use soy milk on cereal, still, in 2020 fucking 3.
If you're lactose intolerant, heavy cream should be safe.

Allergic to dairy is usually lactose intolerant, but I guess there could be something else for you.

barring allergies, i just can't see how anyone would choose a lesser alternative for the marginal caloric benefit. you have one life to live and you want to drink soy milk?

100C per 8oz is hardly marginal. It doesn't change the taste in my shakes, so I'd rather save the calories and lower my marginal environmental impact.

I've tried a lot of different non-dairy coffee creamer alternatives and every single one sucks compared to half and half. They all break up and make gross little floaters in your coffee.

Fewer calories than regular milk (almond/soy) or fewer natural resources to produce (oat). Not to mention something for lactose intolerant or vegan.

Gives people an alternative.

I get it for those reasons, I’m pushing back on the folks going “eww milk you’re a baby for liking that”

If you're lactose intolerant, heavy cream should be safe.

Allergic to dairy is usually lactose intolerant, but I guess there could be something else for you.

100C per 8oz is hardly marginal. It doesn't change the taste in my shakes, so I'd rather save the calories and lower my marginal environmental impact.
Yeah, I wasn't lactose intolerant, I was allergic to the proteins in dairy. Not severely allergic, but I avoided it in direct doses. Lactose intolerance is a digestive problem, allergy is an immune system malfunction.

When at home, I'll drink it with many kinds of desserts, or with breakfast pastries or pancakes. I never get a glass when eating out.

I get it for those reasons, I’m pushing back on the folks going “eww milk you’re a baby for liking that”

or you are just a person still looking for mommy's approval...

if memory serves...humans are the only animals that drink milk as adults and, unless intervention caused, drink another animal's milk.

it is unnatural and milk is disgusting

Do people like Oreos because they liked them as a child? If anyone tried an Oreo for the first time at age 30 is there any chance they would like them?

I just don’t get it. I also do not like Girl Scout cookies. Perhaps I should see myself to the unpopular opinions thread.

maybe once every year or two I'll impulse buy a snack-size package of Oreo (or Oreo knockoffs) at the store

usually while traveling at a rest stop or something

Some really strong milk takes on this thread in both directions. I love it. Who would have suspected this could be such a divisive issue. Thanks Townie!

Who on God's green earth besides the lactose intolerant doesn't have a glass of milk with their oreos or chocolate chip cookies? Monsters.
The poll pretty explicitly says “by itself with no accompaniments”.

I am not interested if you add it to coffee or use it to eat cereal or dip and drink with cookies.

I wanna know who is just pouring themselves a straight up glass of milk and drinking it.

Do people like Oreos because they liked them as a child? If anyone tried an Oreo for the first time at age 30 is there any chance they would like them?

I just don’t get it. I also do not like Girl Scout cookies. Perhaps I should see myself to the unpopular opinions thread.
This sounds like a YP.

I’ve never dipped cookies into milk. It’s gross. My wife loves Chips Ahoy and will put basically the whole fucking cookie in the milk. It’s disturbing to watch.

Back