• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you support the Billboard Idea?

Do you support a billboard to Fire [Redacted]?

• I do not support a billboard

Votes: 106 51.2%
  • I support a billboard demanding change

Votes: 30 14.5%
  • I fully support a billboard directly calling for Bzz's job

Votes: 71 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Just curious how many here actually support the billboard idea. Obviously one can still be BuzzOUT and not support this project.

I wonder how many are staying quiet to just avoid the conflict at this point.

Not trying to be redundant with another Billboard Thread. The other one seems to be discussing the plans for it and moving forward, I just want to see how representative this really is of the OGboards community.

Last edited:
i think it is a bad idea.

bzzout

I can see the billboard issue both ways. Ultimately, I think that RW and Bz have no one but themselves to blame for it. If they were saying things like "The past two seasons have been unacceptable and we're going to do better." I think that you wouldn't see this sort of thing.

However, saying things like "Oh Heaven's Yes", "My critics have never built anything successful (paraphrasing)" and "I couldn't be happier" you make the fans feel like their voices aren't being heard and their opinions don't matter, which results in things like this billboard to make a point.

I don't know if the billboard is the right way to go about it or not. Based on the above, however, I certainly do feel like some show of dissatisfaction is appropriate.

I'm in favor of skywriting and Andy Griffith. There wasn't an option for that though.

I voted for a "Billboard demanding change".

I want to be clear, I think Bzz is completely in over his head and doesn't have the ability to succeed. However, it is not his job to "give up", as he probably is holding on to hope that he can make this thing work. It is Wellman's job is to see 1) that he made a mistake and 2) that he needs to rectify it.

Also, if we can convince Wellman through billboards and media campaigns that Bzz is the wrong choice, then he does not belong as AD, as he should be able to see it on his own. I'd rather use these campaigns to turn the heat up on the decision makers to make a choice on Wellman's future.

BzzOut. I'm fine with the billboard if people want to pursue it. I'm not going to participate, though. I feel like if I participate in the mob, then I've let college basketball become more important than it really is.

I'm on the fence about it - I say go for it if you are just demanding change - but to specifically call out individuals on a huge gigantic billboard is lame.

The billboard will only harm the university's image and will drive away people who are visiting, both athletic and not.

I'm as Bzzout as they come. But if you're gonna do this, keep it away from campus and the Joel.

wait...i still got a little chunk hanging from my ass fur...wait...here let me scooch drag my ass across your new carpet............

But everyone likes skywriting and Andy Griffith. That's the beauty of it. They're a fun and family-friendly way to get the message across that you want someone fired.

What would work the best? (A) chanting "FIRE BUZZ" at a home game (B) putting up a billboard (C) writing another letter to Hatch or RW?
<just curious to see what the consensus is>

Back