• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think less of people.....

CDeacMan

Ishmael Smith
Reaction score
....who don't agree with your opinions? And I'm not talking just things like political opinions, because I would tend to think most people generally think less of people who don't agree on major political or social issues (although this may be an incorrect assumption). I'm talking about more simple things like your favorite movie or your favorite band or your favorite meal. Really anything that you like or don't like. If you tell someone your favorite movie and they say they don't like it, does that knock them down a peg in your mind? What if they say they hate it and think it's the worst thing they've ever seen? If someone says their favorite way to eat steak is well done and you very much prefer rare do you think "WTF is wrong with you"? Or is everyone just entitled to their own opinions and you don't judge people based on them? Does the strength or your or their opinion matter?

No. The only people I think less of are those that don't care for their pets or children.

One of my favorite appetizers ever is salted duck breast at this sushi place on the border of Santa Ana and Newport Beach.

It kind of depends on how strongly I feel about something or if I feel their opinion is valid or not.

if it's an opinion that i believe is unjust towards other people, then yes. i think less of them.

for the petty stuff, i don't necessarily think less of them, but there is judgement going on. i'm bad about judging others, probably my worst trait.

I don't think much of people whether they agree with me or not.

Last edited:
Hell, I'm so used to people disagreeing with me that if they happen to agree with me, I think they're up to something.

If someone is BzzIn, they dont deserve to live as far as I'm concerned.

I think people who like ribeyes or well done steaks are simple creatures.

Reactions: DG3
It depends on what it is.

If someone disagrees with my political opinions, I convince myself that they're just misguided or naive. Thats probably a common coping mechanism, and it helps to keep the peace in our society.

If its the doneness of a steak or food/drink preference, it really doesn't phase me.

As for music, movies, etc., some people are just wierdos. Fucking wierdos. Stay away from those people.

I'll admit that I sometimes do this to whose hold theological views that are clearly wrong/irrational. In the interest of not turning this into a religion thread, I won't cite an example.

Food, movies, music- I tend not to change my opinion about them if they have a good reason for their belief instead of just "well, I can't think of any other option." Steak is a good example, if you legitimately have tried a med. rare steak and prefer well done, that's cool; but if you prefer well done and shy away from med. rare because you think it's "gross" then I tend to think things such as "why don't you try it first?" I was a high end seafood restaurant a few months ago who ordered their tuna well done, and I was just left scratching my head...

I also think that when playing Battle mode on a course like Block Fort, that you should venture off from the top level every now and then, and not just rain red shells from above, like someone I know used to do. Its really the quintessential pussy move of all pussy moves, and if you disagree I certainly would think less of you.

Back