• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think less of people.....

Depends on if we are truly talking about opinions or we are talking about something that there is only one correct answer based off facts. People always preference things like well that is just my opinion so we are suppose to give that equal weight even though "opinion" is just your way of stating something that you don't believe in or can't understand so to mask this the question because opinion based not fact based.

Question is Buzz a good basketball coach at Wake?

Answer No- Facts to support argument

Answer Yes- like that just my opinion man.

I think more of people who disagree with me but can back up their opinion with an intelligent argument than I do of people who agree with me but don't seem to have a good reason for why they think the way they do. (I like that I can learn from them as well. Not just about opinions different than mine, but also how to make my argument stronger.)

I guess that's about the more serious issues. On the pettier ones... I don't think I do, people's differing tastes make them more interesting sometimes.

Was talking about this when I was home over the week and realized the only thing I really think less of people for their beliefs (beyond ridiculous conspiracy theories) is if they don't believe in evolution. To some extent it's tied to creationism, but if you don't believe in evolution I immediately disregard your opinions on nearly everything else. That might not be fair, but I feel like it's not a bad weeding out process.

Only if their opinion is publicly seen as ridiculous. (i.e.people thinking Obama is a terrorist)

I'll admit that I sometimes do this to whose hold theological views that are clearly wrong/irrational. In the interest of not turning this into a religion thread, I won't cite an example.
I hope you see the irony here considering millions of people simply by your username feel that your beliefs are 'clearly wrong/irrational.'

Back