• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think Wellman should have done better than Bz when hiring new coach?

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 155 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters
Lol at doofus retaliatory tagging me for tags I didn't do

And no I'm not outing doofus because I haven't actually checked who left all the tags.

Educated guess.

Wait now, let's clear this up, moonnzzz

Do you, in fact, fuck your mother or animals? WE DEMAND THE TRUTH

Wellman chose when to fire Dino. He could've done it at any point. Blaming the timing is a terrible excuse.

Wasn't attempting to make excuses. Was offering what seems like a plausible scenario for why he did what he did. Kind of a reasoning it out thing that could definitely be wrong.

With regard to the timing of Dino's firing, you say that Ron could've chosen to fire him any time. At face value, that's true, but we still don't know what might have occurred behind the scenes. Wake has the benefit of being a private school where they don't have to release any info to the public they don't want to.

No one here, or probably no one, knows exactly what happened to precipitate the firing. Granted, the post season performance was troubling, but it's logical that some type of impasse had occurred between Dino and Ron and Ron couldn't see a way to solve it, beyond terminating Dino.

Note: Again, there's no attempt here to be buzzin/buzzout or buzz anything.

That Ron Wellman is not infallible. It would seem more than a few folks on the other poll behave as if he is.

I would think that just looking at the state of our women's basketball program or the hiring of Jim Caldwell or the past baseball coach could tell anybody that much

This poll is rigged because the obvious "Dino should have stayed" option was missing.

This poll is rigged because the obvious "Dino should have stayed" option was missing.

Dino was no better than Bzzz is. At least Bzz is implementing a system, or somethng like it. Dino just put people out on the court and said "play." What I mean to say is that Dino benefited from having more talent

Last edited:
Dino was no better than Bzzz is. At least Bzz is implementing a system, or somethng like it. Dino just put people out on the court and said "play." What I mean to say is that Dino benefited from having more talent

Hmm?

Pack-line defense is a system.

Yes but did you see our offense? Nobody could score in the second half of the season because every team would play zone against us. The team froze because nobody could shoot and we free fell to a loss against Cleveland goddamn State!! After being #1 in the country. Defense is fine but you need to score to win.

Yes but did you see our offense? Nobody could score in the second half of the season because every team would play zone against us. The team froze because nobody could shoot and we free fell to a loss against Cleveland goddamn State!! After being #1 in the country. Defense is fine but you need to score to win.

[Redacted]'s offense against Seton Hall looked pretty much exactly like Dino's offense. Pass around the perimeter, penetration, and then kick-out for a jump shot. When we're making jump shots [Redacted]'s offense looks brilliant. When we aren't it looks just like Dino's.

Well, then. This poll explains the rampant apathy surrounding our program.

Hmm?

Pack-line defense is a system.

The packline defense was the worst defense that any coach could have installed for our team. It's for slow white guys that aren't athletic. Any defense that we threw out there with the NBA guys was going to work because they were absurdly athletic and talented.

Well, then. This poll explains the rampant apathy surrounding our program.

Meh, like I said in the other thread, this has little to do with the apathy. Doesn't help, of course.

The packline defense was the worst defense that any coach could have installed for our team. It's for slow white guys that aren't athletic. Any defense that we threw out there with the NBA guys was going to work because they were absurdly athletic and talented.

Agreed. The pack-line, by design, slows down the tempo of game, the exact opposite of what that team needed offensively. Still a system though.

Dino's biggest problem was that the offensive and defensive systems clashed, but there were systems in place, which was my point.

Back