• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think Wellman should have done better than Bz when hiring new coach?

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 155 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters
That "system" was so bad that I couldn't even tell that they were running one. You just can't judge the two offenses on the same scale. Dino had 3 future NBA players on the court who were studs. Who does [Redacted] have that's anywhere near that level? ....go ahead, I'll wait...

I mean, his greatest accomplishment was drastically increasing the win total of the Denver Nuggets...a feat that was greatly aided by the drafting of a certain "Carmelo Anthony." Shit, I could coach a team to more wins if I had Melo on my team

What i would ask to all the bzzouters, if we had *insert coach here*, with our current talent, would we be a better team?

What i would ask to all the bzzouters, if we had *insert coach here*, with our current talent, would we be a better team?

Easy question. Yes.

If the answer is No, as you imply, you've just proclaimed that Bzz is the best coach in the country. So, I ask you, do you believe that Bzzz is the best college basketball coach in the country?

WGAF??!! Why do people start polls with topics that we already know the answer to? No one likes Bzz, we get it. Stop fuckin talking about it.

WGAF??!! Why do people start polls with topics that we already know the answer to? No one likes Bzz, we get it. Stop fuckin talking about it.

Says the guy who is talking about.

Since we're re-hashing history....

Don't people connect our lateness in firing Dino with our courting of Brad Stevens? Prosser recruited OCC, struck out, and got Joe Dukes. Wellman courted Stevens, struck out, and got Bz.

Since we're re-hashing history....

Don't people connect our lateness in firing Dino with our courting of Brad Stevens? Prosser recruited OCC, struck out, and got Joe Dukes. Wellman courted Stevens, struck out, and got Bz.

Umm no.

Watched Oak Hill last night. I imagine this has been brought up before, but why is Steve Smith not a college coach? He sure can recruit.

Of course. Has this ever been a point of debate?

Hold up. I voted yes but how can you say that unequivocally? There are some shitty ass coaches out there. Imagine this team with a "roll the ball out there" style of coach. Its laughable to think about. The turnovers alone, oh god.

I thought the problem most people had with Bz is his personalilty, his record, his ceiling, etc. How can you say that beyond all doubt, any coach in America would do better than Bz with the same players? I mean for fucks sake, its OK to not like the guy or think he is a bad fit (as I suspect), but he is not the absolute worst basketball coach in America as much as you want to believe he is.

Sometimes I really wish Bz was as terrible a coach as people seem to believe. At least we could easily correct the problem. Its as if some people think our current basketball coach is the only thing standing in the way of us being a national powerhouse. There's 330 DivI coaches and we just happened to hire the one guy who makes our team the shittiest. Be real.

Hold up. I voted yes but how can you say that unequivocally? There are some shitty ass coaches out there. Imagine this team with a "roll the ball out there" style of coach. Its laughable to think about. The turnovers alone, oh god.

I thought the problem most people had with Bz is his personalilty, his record, his ceiling, etc. How can you say that beyond all doubt, any coach in America would do better than Bz with the same players? I mean for fucks sake, its OK to not like the guy or think he is a bad fit (as I suspect), but he is not the absolute worst basketball coach in America as much as you want to believe he is.

Sometimes I really wish Bz was as terrible a coach as people seem to believe. At least we could easily correct the problem. Its as if some people think our current basketball coach is the only thing standing in the way of us being a national powerhouse. There's 330 DivI coaches and we just happened to hire the one guy who makes our team the shittiest. Be real.

I hope that nobody really thinks this is the case.

Easy question. Yes.

If the answer is No, as you imply, you've just proclaimed that Bzz is the best coach in the country. So, I ask you, do you believe that Bzzz is the best college basketball coach in the country?

Thats actually not what I'm implying at all. I am asking would any other coach make a noticeable difference with this group of players on our roster, today? Im not BuzzIn or BuzzOut I just want us to field a competitive basketball team that I can get myself to give a damn about. I like our players right now and I want them to succeed and I'm holding judgment until next season. Wellman ain't going anywhere til after next year and neither is Buzz, and all this talk about BuzzIn and BuzzOut while expected is exhausting.

I think you're reading the question differently than the rest of us. You're reading it as "could every other coach could do better" and we're reading as "could anyone do better".

Of course. Has this ever been a point of debate?

Easy question. Yes.

Thats actually not what I'm implying at all. I am asking would any other coach make a noticeable difference with this group of players on our roster, today?

Absolutely. There are plenty of better coaches than Bzz who could do more with the players we have today. :confused:

Do you not think this group of players would have better results under Coach K? How about Skip? Or do you believe Bzz gets the most out of these players as any coach could?

Last edited:
I can't imagine anybody honeslty answering that question as "no." No matter how many games [Redacted] wins here and I hope it ends up being a lot, there is no way under the sun he was the best and most qualified coach we could've gotten. It was hunch or gut feeling (maybe some bad beef he ate) by Wellman, that so far isn't paying off, but maybe it will. The whole thing was poorly handled by Wellman, IMO, you get up and say you're firing Dino because of lack of post-season success and bring in a guy that not only doesn't have post-season success, but doesn't have much regular season success???

I voted yes, but I don't know who he could have gotten. He obviously thought BZZ was the best he could get. I'm still in the wait and see camp.

Back