• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you vote for Trump?

Get why people don't like the Clintons personally, but the bases of both parties have decimated the center of the electorate (i.e. the voters who decide presidential elections). Like DLC or not, it's a reasonable proxy for the center of the electorate. Tea Party wiped out the few GOP moderates left in the House and Senate and picked off many Blue Dog Dems too.

Hillary has moved left of Bubba to fend off Bernie, but she'll move back to the center. Unless Trump or Rubio wins Iowa, GOP battle will be long and drawn out. Cruz will never move to the center for the general election. Trump may try to, but he's been all over the map on issues before he entered the race and during the primaries. Won't matter to his supporters, but will turn off evangelicals, liberals, and moderate swing voters in the general election. YouTube never sleeps. Rubio would be the worst general election match up for Hillary, but he's already out of the mainstream on abortion and will have to jettison prior more moderate and centrist immigration and LGBT policy positions to win the nomination.

DV7, if you are going to continue to discuss this situation, the first thing you need to learn is that the DLC and the DNC are two completely different organizations. I haven't said the first thing about the DNC.

(And don't try to act like it was just a typo, because you did it twice in a two-sentence post. You are in way over your head in trying to discuss this situation with me. You evidently do not even know these are two different organizations. It would be like me trying to discuss European soccer with you....something that I know nothing about)

mea culpa

I was drunk and confused myself.

Just imagine if Trump were to tweet that Wikipedia link- the firestorm it would create. I could see him doing it.

Trump's done a ton of shit work for Cruz: already took out Carson and Jeb and now going after the Clintons.

I'm still stunned at how poorly Jeb has done. Trump put out a tweet on Christmas Eve that has around 28,000 likes. Jeb also put out a tweet Christmas Eve- 190 likes. Jeb's Super Pac has spent around $50 million in recent months and he has nothing to show for it.

I'm still stunned at how poorly Jeb has done. Trump put out a tweet on Christmas Eve that has around 28,000 likes. Jeb also put out a tweet Christmas Eve- 190 likes. Jeb's Super Pac has spent around $50 million in recent months and he has nothing to show for it.

I'm not. He's a thoroughly conventional candidate and the GOP primary voters aren't buying it this year.

Yeah good thing Trump has never had any sexual misconduct allegations and comes in with completely clean hands

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/trump-campaign-responds-to-article-about-exs-rape-allegations/

Far be it from me to defend Trump but

Ivana Trump Supports ‘Incredible’ Donald Trump: Retracts Rape Claims
she wants to make it clear that those claims she made in the early 90s were taken out of context — and she is totally behind her ex in his presidential run
“I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald,” she said in a statement. “The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign. Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible president.”
Even at the time the book came out, Ivana had clarified the allegations of ‘rape’ she made in the deposition.”During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband raped me,” she said in 1993. “On one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normal exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”
http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/28/ivana-trump-supports-donald-trump-president-rape-allegations-praise/

Get the feeling the establishment has given up on Jeb and is now coalescing around Rubio.

Rubio looks establishment compared to Cruz, and Cruz looks establishment compared to Trump. The needle has moved. Not to stretch the metaphor too far, but Jeb is on empty.

Back