• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you vote for Trump?

If there was an effort to torpedo Dean, I doubt it was to clear a path for Hillary. It has been a number of years, but IIRC, Kerry was viewed as having the best shot in the general. The perception was that Dean was too liberal.

Jeb challenged Trump to a debate: "I'll take you on one-on-one in a debate. Anytime, anyplace, I'll do it." Trump responded by tweeting this picture. :rofl:
CXXRILjUoAIATYn.jpg

I'm hoping Trump is filming a ton of his campaign behind the scenes and turns it into a movie.

Trump hasn't conceded Iowa, but his new focus is on Christie and NH. Trump jumped the gun by going after the Clintons too early. Weird that Trump still hasn't gone after Cruz hard yet. Think Cruz beats him in Iowa. 50/50 he wins in NH, but can't see him staying in the race if he doesn't win any of IA, NH, and SC.

If there was an effort to torpedo Dean, I doubt it was to clear a path for Hillary. It has been a number of years, but IIRC, Kerry was viewed as having the best shot in the general. The perception was that Dean was too liberal.

The path being cleared for Hillary was for 2008, not 2004. Hillary wasn't running in 2004, because that year wasn't a lock for the Democrats like 2008 was going to be after four more years of Cheney-Bush. The Clinton people didn't want any Democrat elected in 2004...though they wouldn't come out and say that, of course. They were willing to sacrifice the country to four more years of Cheney-Bush to set up an easy win for Hillary in 2008.....and they knew that because of the grassroots energy behind Dean (very much like the situation with Bernie today) that the unappealing Kerry would be less likely to win in 2004 than Dean would have been.

Back