• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Anyone Ever Feel

KVegasDeac

Reaction score
like this basketball mess is a slap in Rodney Rogers' face?

I was witness to the Bob Staak error, and was privileged enough to witness the rebuilding...which, IMO, was lead by RoRo. He came to a sucky program when he could have gone to an "easier" school with a better bball program.

Now, Ron Wellman is pissing all over our program.

Specifically Rodney Rogers? No? This is a weird thread.

like this basketball mess is a slap in Rodney Rogers' face?

I was witness to the Bob Staak error, and was privileged enough to witness the rebuilding...which, IMO, was lead by RoRo. He came to a sucky program when he could have gone to an "easier" school with a better bball program.

Now, Ron Wellman is pissing all over our program.

I think this whole "culture" BS is a slap in the face of everyone who has ever been a part of our basketball program. But I do think that Ron Wellman's target for his "culture war" is primarily the Skip and Dino years. And yes, he has turned our basketball program into a sewer...

Rodney Rogers, GDO, Chill, Duncan, Jho

I feel like the Buzz hire was so LOWF that it just disrespects the entire basketball program and the student athletes that worked their asses off to build it.

He could have hired a better coach...an ACC caliber coach.

is this what the super users are up to these days?

how about some recruiting info?

Super Users can't have an opinion?

How about I tell you that fans are the only people that hate Buzz?

Wellman has sold him to everyone that matters.

Even setting my personal feelings aside, Josh Howard has absolutely no reason for being listed in that group of Wake Forest Hall of Famers. Pease edit.

Even setting my personal feelings aside, Josh Howard has absolutely no reason for being listed in that group of Wake Forest Hall of Famers. Pease edit.

While Josh may not be a fan favorite for whatever reason, he was a great basketball player for us. I know him and his family, and I know that he is a loyal alum and generous contributor to the athletic dept. He is not exactly the person the media has made him out to be.

We all make stupid mistakes. Fortunately for most of us, our mistakes weren't secretly videotaped and posted on YouTube.

This makes me sad. Very sad... And for a couple of reasons.
I'm sad because:
1) I don't matter. :(
2) Our major donors are apparently that gullible and that blind. :rulz::tear:

Last edited:

pm me the name of these influential boosters.

This makes me sad. Very sad... And for a couple of reasons.
I'm sad because:
1) I don't matter.
2) Our major donors are apparently that gullible and that blind.

I agree. But you know money talks.

The only way to be heard is to hit 'em where is counts-and that's not going to happen unless the Joel is empty. And that's not going to happen because other teams will buy our empty seats and loyal fans will always buy their season ticket packages.

Who are these people? How can they be so out of touch? Are they kept in a cocoon, incapable of grasping the most basic concepts? We were getting beat 41-5 by Iona. When does something go off in their brains that tell them this might not be working?! How much more do these geniuses need to see? When we get down to a few hundred people showing up for the games, will that work?

I agree. But you know money talks.

The only way to be heard is to hit 'em where is counts-and that's not going to happen unless the Joel is empty. And that's not going to happen because other teams will buy our empty seats and loyal fans will always buy their season ticket packages.

check your pm

Hell, during the Iona game all I could think of is what if Duncan was in the stands.

All I can say is that Ron Wellman has sold the culture change and rebuilding excuse to the people that write the checks and they are 100% on board with his "plan" for right now. I would think that they, like any other normal person, will reach a point where they are like WTF and become Buzz out- or at the very least question the fire/hire.

But for right now, Ron has the excuse of 7 freshmen and that will buy Buzz another year.

The Buzz experiment isn't ending anytime soon.

Back