• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Anyone Ever Feel

All I can say is that Ron Wellman has sold the culture change and rebuilding excuse to the people that write the checks and they are 100% on board with his "plan" for right now. I would think that they, like any other normal person, will reach a point where they are like WTF and become Buzz out- or at the very least question the fire/hire.

But for right now, Ron has the excuse of 7 freshmen and that will buy Buzz another year.

The Buzz experiment isn't ending anytime soon.

Who are the people that write the checks?

When mercer hit that go ahead 3 toward the end I actually did a fist pump.

My reaction to winning the game? Disappointed.

Seriously, who are the major boosters?

I know the ISP guy is. Who else?

When mercer hit that go ahead 3 toward the end I actually did a fist pump.

My reaction to winning the game? Disappointed.

You really fist-pumped when a team made a three against Wake Forest?

I don't know anybody that could possibly have watched that game today (or Saturday's game), and felt that this team is being coached by an ACC caliber coach.

Still weird to fist-pump when an opponent hits a shot...even stranger to be disappointed when they beat the school you went to. I get the Machiavellian mentality, but I feel like today's game did plenty to dissuade wanting Jeff [Redacted] to be our head coach past this year.

You really fist-pumped when a team made a three against Wake Forest?

I don't know anybody that could possibly have watched that game today (or Saturday's game), and felt that this team is being coached by an ACC caliber coach.

Still weird to fist-pump when an opponent hits a shot...even stranger to be disappointed when they beat the school you went to. I get the Machiavellian mentality, but I feel like today's game did plenty to dissuade wanting Jeff [Redacted] to be our head coach past this year.

I bet I wasn't alone. That's how much I want that goober gone.

If Ron is going to pull the plug, he needs to do it after this season.

We have talent...we have coachable players and a good coach can build around them. CMM and MJ are good and have potential to be great. Rountree, Thomas. Moto, and Cav are young but they are athletic and have tons of potential.

The right coach can make this team good...but I am afraid too many seasons under the Buzzard will turn them into the player CJ was today.

I just don't think its going to happen at the end of this season.

It's not strange at all. I was pulling for Mercer at the end for two reasons:

1) We didn't deserve to win with the refs obviously favoring us with their calls. That was just atrocious and I hope the Mercer coach went apeshit in the post-game presser.
2) Every win/loss looks the same at the end of the year on the final record. I want [Redacted] to lose all he can this season so that there is no option but a switch. He wins under 10 games and he is gone, I have to believe. Sucks for CJ as he doesn't have another year, but Travis deserves at least one happy year and the others will get even more than that. Ends justify the means in dire situations like this.

I'm amazed at how we've managed to fall so far, so quickly.

actually, we've been here before...

we ended 1984 with a close loss in the Elite 8 to eventual champs Houston
we ended 1986 with an 0-14 ACC record (8-21 overall)

Hell, during the Iona game all I could think of is what if Duncan was in the stands.

Childress was on the bench. Bz and Rusty should be embarrassed to look at him.

Childress was on the bench. Bz and Rusty should be embarrassed to look at him.

This is Bzz's big pay day. He's cashing in with his old friend. It makes me want to club baby seals.

We do some work for a client whose VP/Accounting's daughter goes to Wake. He was telling us about being in WS at a game and talking to a major booster who was a Banking executive and that he loved Bzzzzzz.

We do some work for a client whose VP/Accounting's daughter goes to Wake. He was telling us about being in WS at a game and talking to a major booster who was a Banking executive and that he loved Bzzzzzz.

I'll skip clubbing baby seals and go right to the major booster with his head up Wellman's ass.

This is just too funny. How could anyone meet the guy and absolutely love him? If you've met him you know he is pretty awkward and unimpressive.

Yeah... It's much quieter at the games now. You don't have all those rowdy fans giving you a headache with all that yelling. You don't have to wait in line to get refreshments. You can park much closer to the Joel. It's just a much more relaxed, laid back atmosphere at the games. And to top it off you can take calls on your cell during the game and actually hear the conversation. Yeah... It's all good...

Back