• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

That explains Nunes “the ratings just went down” remark even though the opening statements had already blown up GOP logic.

Morrison is a lying scumbag. He said there was nothing wrong with Trump's call, but at the same time, he felt compelled to go to legal counsel about it.

HUH???????????

Yeah I’ve been listening on and off since around the 6pm hour. It seems these guys are trying to have it both ways.

I dispute that. I don't think Trump wanted info on the Biden's. Biden's corruption and Hunter Biden's role on the board is a red herring. I think he wanted a public announcement that Biden might be dirty so that it would affect the Democratic primary results or the outcome of the 2020 general election. He was trying to manipulate the 2020 election using tax payer foreign aid money.

Oooo. That’s too tricky! Who could imagine such a thing!?

My favorite so far: "Did you hear President Trump say that Ukraine wouldn't get US aid until they investigated the Bidens? No? And did you hear President Zelensky say he knew that Ukraine wouldn't get US Aid until he investigated the Bidens? No? Well then there goes the entire case! You've solved it!"

Nobody dumb enough to buy that kind of nonsense is still listening to these depositions.

Who testified today?

In the morning, impeachment investigators held a joint hearing with Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, and Jennifer Williams, a national security aide to Vice President Mike Pence. Both listened to the July 25 phone call between President Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, which is at the center of the inquiry.

In the afternoon, they heard testimony from Kurt D. Volker, Mr. Trump’s special envoy for Ukraine, and Timothy Morrison, a former top National Security Council official. Both were on the witness list that Republicans submitted.
What were the highlights?

Colonel Vindman said he believed that Mr. Trump’s request for Ukraine to open investigations into his political rivals should be viewed as demands, and that they were “inappropriate” and “likely to have significant implications” for national security. “I couldn’t believe what I was hearing,” he said of the July 25 call. “My worst fear of how our Ukraine policy could play out was playing out.”

Colonel Vindman and Ms. Williams both testified that the hold on nearly $400 million in military aid for Ukraine was damaging to Ukraine’s ability to confront Russian aggression. “Any signal or sign that U.S. support was wavering would be construed by Russia as potentially an opportunity for them to strengthen their own hand in Ukraine,” Ms. Williams said, relaying what the president of Ukraine told Mr. Pence during a meeting on Sept. 1.
Dressed in his deep-blue Army dress uniform, Colonel Vindman, an Iraq war veteran and Purple Heart recipient, addressed his father, who fled Ukraine with his family when Colonel Vindman was a toddler. “You made the right decision 40 years ago to leave the Soviet Union and come here to the United States of America in search of a better life for our family,” he said. “Do not worry, I will be fine for telling the truth.” He added: “Here, right matters.”

Mr. Volker portrayed himself as out of touch with Mr. Trump’s Ukraine dealings, saying that he didn’t know of “any linkage between the hold on security assistance and Ukraine pursuing investigations.” He later said that he considered concerns around the 2016 election and Mr. Biden to be “conspiracy theories,” and “not things that we should be pursuing as part of our national security strategy.”

Mr. Morrison explained how the normal National Security Council leadership structure was subverted by Gordon D. Sondland, the ambassador to the European Union, saying it was referred to internally as “the Gordon problem.” He said he “decided to keep track of what Ambassador Sondland was doing. I didn’t necessarily always act on things Gordon suggested he believed were important.”

NY Times

Defs should NOT be impeached. Guy's totally above board. Just let him keep this up at least for another year.

If Trump wasn’t a stupid boomer who doesn’t know how computers work you know he’d have tons of incriminating emails

Well he has incriminating tweets and it doesn’t matter at all.

Who is disputing that trump and Giuliani wanted info on the Biden’s? That’d be as crazy as disputing that Burisma would have Hunter Biden on the board for a legitimate reason other than hoping he’d influence his father. The issue is quid pro quo, no? That the funds would only be released if an investigation was launched. The funds were released and no investigation was launched.

Huh? He wanted an announcement to throw shade at the Bidens. He didn’t care about actual info. He was soliciting foreign interference in a US election.

And you can argue he got what he wanted. He has his goons on TV everyday touting conspiracy theories about Hunter Biden that are at least part of Biden’s fall in the polls.

Back