• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Bondy also said that a top aide to Nunes, Derek Harvey, sometimes joined a group that met frequently in spring 2019 at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., to discuss the Biden matter, among other topics. The group, according to Bondy, was convened by Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, and included Parnas, his business associate Igor Fruman, as well as journalist John Solomon and the husband-and-wife legal team of Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing.

Isn’t Solomon one of Moonz and Sailor’s go to journalist hacks?

Is Ben Wittes no longer posting his oh-so-clever BOOM gif's?

Sad day for America if so

Changing party affiliation really wasn’t that big of a deal. I was center left and disagreed with more liberal policies. When I switched parties, my political views didn’t really change. I just voted for people I disagreed with on more issues but I thought were principled, at least.

During law school, my political views shifted more right due to exposure to the Law and Economics School of thought, although I would still characterize them as center right. My jurisprudential views went hard right, due primarily to an extraordinary Con Law professor who had clerked for Scalia.

A lot of people confuse hard right jurisprudential views with hard right policy views, but they aren’t the same thing. For example, I think Roe should be overruled, but I would not support a ban on abortion. I think Obergefell should be overruled, but I’m in favor of same sex unions. Etc.

Otherwise known as lawyer brain poisoning

GOP should stand for "Grand Old Projectors." Nunes is credibly accused of being involved in the Ukrainian mess, so he almost immediately starts accusing CNN of being involved in criminal activities. It's become their go-to media strategy: accuse Democrats (or their perceived liberal allies) of doing what they're accused of.

There’s so much coming out that it makes sense for Democrats to wait for the subpoena ruling. I would rather see them put everything out there before handing it over to the Senate GOP. Once impeachment ends, Democrats lose control of the narrative. They can explore the role of rank and file Republicans in the cover up by bringing in the right witnesses.

There’s so much coming out that it makes sense for Democrats to wait for the subpoena ruling. I would rather see them put everything out there before handing it over to the Senate GOP. Once impeachment ends, Democrats lose control of the narrative. They can explore the role of rank and file Republicans in the cover up by bringing in the right witnesses.

Great point

The House Intelligence Committee is in possession of audio and video recordings and photographs provided to the committee by Lev Parnas, an associate of President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, who reportedly played a key role in assisting him in his efforts to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and Ukraine, multiple sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

The material submitted to the committee includes audio, video and photos that include Giuliani and Trump. It was unclear what the content depicts and the committees only began accessing the material last week.

Call him as a witness. Trumps objects and Roberts rules.

He rules in favor of Trump. How would you keep Mitch, Trump, and Roberts from running a rigged trial?

Please.

On what basis are you impugning Roberts’s integrity?

How long are you going to live in this fantasy land where conservative leaders defend the Constitution and stand up to Trump’s abuses?

How many elected or appointed conservatives have stood up so far? Amash and I think a few random conservative judges who have ruled against Trump in lower courts. That’s it. You keep expecting things to happen that we tell you won’t happen. Conservatives have built a bulwark for this moment. To do right by the Constitution, Chief Justice John Roberts would have to turn on the conservative ecosystem that got him to where he is. He won’t. And guess what? You’re going to agree with him when he doesn’t.

So no basis then. Cool.

That’s plenty of basis. You’re expecting him to do what only a few have done. Why do you think he’s willing to stand up when others have not?

Back