• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Pelosi threatening to withhold sending articles until McConnel agrees to hold a fair trial.

because if it never goes to the senate, Trump never gets acquitted.

btw, Russian asset Tulsi Gabbard votes present. What a crock of shit. She is running for president but she can't make a decision?

Why would they sweat over this?

Because without a Senate trial Trump never gets to brag that he's been acquitted, and the GOP doesn't get to put on their show trial that they'll control due to their majority in the Senate. It'll keep control of the process out of GOP hands, so to speak. Having said that, I do think the House will send the articles of impeachment over to the Senate at some point soon.

Yep. Also I don’t know what “files” Brendan is talking about. There’s a good chance the Ukraine government had no clue or even cared about Hunter Biden.

Trump wanted Zelensky to announce an investigation into the Bidens on CNN.

Because without a Senate trial Trump never gets to brag that he's been acquitted, and the GOP doesn't get to put on their show trial that they'll control due to their majority in the Senate. It'll keep control of the process out of GOP hands, so to speak. Having said that, I do think the House will send the articles of impeachment over to the Senate at some point soon.

Why would they care about that? Republican votes for 2020 are essentially already cast. If people are still “on the fence” at this point, they are voting for trump just too scared to say so. Trump is definitely getting re-elected. Some voting bloc or two is going to come of the primary hella butt hurt and the GOTV efforts on the democratic side won’t be enough to overcome. Same shit. Different year.

He doesn’t need to brag about being acquitted. He’ll just keep talking about the rigged process.

He doesn’t need to brag about being acquitted. He’ll just keep talking about the rigged process.

Yeah I’m not a big fan of holding onto them. Pretty sure McConnell will just say “Great. Fuck off then.”

That being said, if you’re holding onto them for a few days or weeks to draw attention to the fact that McConnell and the GOP controlled Senate want to hold a rigged trial then, I get it.

A trial with no witnesses plus comments like “I’m not going to be an impartial juror” is not a good look for Republican Senators. Independents will see right through it and a few Trumpist rubes might even see through it as well. The basic elements of a fair trial (jury of peers, impartiality, etc) is one of the few things all Americans still understand and agree on.

And now that I’ve said that, I expect to be sorely disappointed in the coming weeks.

Yeah I’m not a big fan of holding onto them. Pretty sure McConnell will just say “Great. Fuck off then.”

That being said, if you’re holding onto them for a few days or weeks to draw attention to the fact that McConnell and the GOP controlled Senate want to hold a rigged trial then, I get it.

A trial with no witnesses plus comments like “I’m not going to be an impartial juror” is not a good look for Republican Senators. Independents will see right through it and a few Trumpist rubes might even see through it as well. The basic elements of a fair trial (jury of peers, impartiality, etc) is one of the few things all Americans still understand and agree on.

And now that I’ve said that, I expect to be sorely disappointed in the coming weeks.

Might wanna rethink that. This is the party of both WITCH HUNT and LOCK HER UP!

I wish I could be around 40-50 years from now to see how historians report this event and how they view Republicans in Congress.

Another approach Pelosi and Dems could take is to do what Republicans would do. Just continue to hold hearings and make life a living hell for Trump and the GOP.

“Oh you don’t want to call witnesses to an impeachment trial? Great. Let’s continue to investigate things in the house until you’re ready. I think next week will be Stormy Daniels week. Lets bring in Michael Cohen to educate the public on why he’s currently in jail. Oh you don’t want to be an impartial juror? Great...let’s do Devin Nunes week to understand why the fuck he never disclosed the fact that he was working with Rudy and his indicted stooges.” They could go on and on.

Might wanna rethink that. This is the party of both WITCH HUNT and LOCK HER UP!

Ha yeah as soon as I typed it out, I had second thoughts.

But I still think it will look really fucking odd to people if McConnell refuses to allow any witnesses.

Back